New Ideas needed for use of airbags -

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Ideas needed for use of airbags -

Last year we bought a 6 bag setup for use on a 16 foot bridge that worked awesome and definitely left guests talking about it - this years theme however a bridge just doesn't make any sense. What other uses have people had for airbags? Any ideas besides elevators? Looking for ideas that won't slow down the flow through the haunt. So far we have only discussed maybe making a whole room that tilts and shifts.

Thanks for any ideas you may have!!

We are building a subway car this year using airbags. We have also created walk thru cars, moving bridges I mean the list is unlimited what you can do with them. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Other modes of transportation? Airplane? Boat?

Comment

Has anyone ever used airbags with a vortex tunnel before? That might go to far though, haha. But maybe if it's gentle motion?

Comment

At Dark Hour, we have an entire wooden building on airbags that rocks back and forth. In the theme of the show it is a "shack" but it is built like a tank - very solid with all 2x6 framework. The entire building rocks back and forth about 6" up and down. Guests walk through it in an S-shape with the pathway made up by well disguised hand rails and lots of decor. Lots of the decor dangles from the ceiling so the movement of the building is emphasized.

Ed Gannon, who built our "shake shack" as we call it will be covering that and more on his class at Transworld...

Haunt Machines: How to Bring Your Props to Life with Motors Gears and Levers
          12:45pm - 1:45pm
          Room 103
          $50/attendee (pre-registration)
          $60/attendee (on-site registration)
          Speaker: Ed Gannon
          Learn how low voltage motors and simple materials can be used to create all manner of levers and mechanisms to bring props and your attraction to life! Professional high end attractions and Low Budget ones, large or small all use the same devices for these Haunt Machines! Each one is custom made for the movement needed, so you always get just the effect you want. Make aspects of your show remarkable with fascinating movement. With this seminar, you too can be a Haunt Engineer!
          Last edited by Farmer; 02-22-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

slacking

slacking, lol . farmer you and allen are slacking, hope for more youtube wednesday , more tech stuff would be nice, thanks
            sigpic
            Boomtownscare.com
            Boomtownhouseofterror.com

Comment

maybe

Originally posted by MeyerPointManor View Post
              Has anyone ever used airbags with a vortex tunnel before? That might go to far though, haha. But maybe if it's gentle motion?
              There is a big haunt here that uses *something* on their vortex tunnel. I don't know if it's airbags or giant cylinders, but I do know that they tilt their vortex walkway to enhance the disorientation. And man, does it work!
              -Eric
              Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
              HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Boomtown House Of Terror View Post
                slacking, lol . farmer you and allen are slacking, hope for more youtube wednesday , more tech stuff would be nice, thanks
                Haha! He's on vacation and didn't leave me his YouTube password. LOL More good stuff coming soon. Thanks for the support!

Comment

Originally posted by eanderso13 View Post
                  There is a big haunt here that uses *something* on their vortex tunnel. I don't know if it's airbags or giant cylinders, but I do know that they tilt their vortex walkway to enhance the disorientation. And man, does it work!

I've seen that done before as well. Not exactly sure how (my guess is a single large pneumatic or hydraulic piston) but it is a great effect!

Comment

Working...
                  X