Outdoor trail startle ideas?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor trail startle ideas?

Besides bangers and actors what have you found to be a good startle prop in outdoor trails?

Trail startle

There used to be a trail near me that had a couple interesting ideas that always seemed to get people.
    - A car, or at least horn and headlights, behind a barrier around a corner. When people turn the corner the barrier drops and the lights and horn blast immediately. They used tarps as sight dividers in the woods, but you could make it more camouflaged for sure.
    - The trail was the type that you held onto a rope and were guided. In a graveyard scene there was an open casket with light and fog coming out of it. They led you just close enough so you could not see inside, but everyone was trying to stretch and see. Then without warning the lid slammed down and someone came over the casket at the patrons.
    - There was a camping scene where a guy had a tent and campfire. He sat by the fire, and the group would stop. As the actor conversed with the person leading the group a guy with a chainsaw came out from behind the tent and cut the camper's leg off and then started to wander off with it. But as everyone is watching this, there was a huge tree behind the line. Another guy with a chainsaw jumped out from there, chainsaw blazing, and went for everyone's legs. I've never seen a line of people all jump or collapse so quickly at the same time.

Just some ideas of things I've seen work on people in the past. I know some use actors, but there are some interesting ways of bringing the scare from the actors using the scene or certain props.
    -Eric
    Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
    HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

No matter inside or outside anything that makes sudden noise. Outside you can get even louder from propane fx to fog horns.

Comment

Working...
      X