Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The future in the haunted house

Six-Flags-Magic-Mountain-The-New-Revolution-Key-Art.jpg

Someone also believes that in the future can take the tour of the house completely bewitched with this type of lenses. I think it would be very attractive and could save a lot of money

To this point Cydney Neil went to the CES show to research this very topic for this panel. FYI.
    Ben Armstrong
    NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
    www.Fearworld.com
    www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Oculus Rift - Haunted Experience

I own an oculus rift - and even as cool and scary as some of the experiences are on it, they will never replace haunted houses - They are just to different of experiences. Once "The VOID" starts spreading....then we may see a closer experience since you actually walk around using a mobile worn VR system. The gear VR, and Oculus are pretty limited with how far you can move around - it may work great for stationary roller coasters and sitting experiences, but until you can fully walk around with no cords attached they won't be competition for haunted houses - Maybe as a separate "experience" to offer your guests though.

Comment

"and even as cool and scary as some of the experiences are on it, they will never replace haunted houses"

THIS!

No matter how fancy and advanced our tech becomes, you will NEVER replace PHYSICAL EXPERIENCE! I mean, a perfect example is Virtual Sex. I think it was Demolition Man? That had this concept... even if they could somehow spark sensations in the body with certain views etc, you can't replace the actual touching, someone's breath on your neck, etc. No matter HOW GREAT sex toys will become (Which there are now ultra realistic, silicone sex / love / company dolls out there ranging upwards of $6,000) they will NEVER replace, or be as good as the real thing.

Sure, I probably could've used a different analogy, but this one fits the bill perfectly. You can NEVER replace a monster breathing on someone's neck. The perfect sounds that come from a foot of an actor bumping into the wall panel 10' away. The 'did I see something over there?" it will never be the same. I bet you 100's of years ago when people were transporting goods in wagons and the technology started coming along, like electricity and steam powered cars etc then bigger trucks to move stuff, paved roads etc people probably said something like "in the future we won't even need truckers" ... yet here we still are. Trucks have changed very little, while everything else has been scootin along. Why? Because you just can't beat the fact that we need a physical truck to move physical goods. (until wormholes are perfected).

I say if something like this hits the market, it'll make little ripples, and like the 80's fashions of clothing etc, it'll be gone. Just a fad. Perhaps something 'new' can come out of it?, maybe... but I doubt it'll ever be a replacement.

Comment

You really know your sex toys Hacksaw.

Comment

i thought I had heard that they were having a lot of motion sickness issues with the Occulus rift and other VR devices. i realize that hasn't stopped amusement rides from being popular, but it has been a concern with the VR devices. I have seen some gameplay footage that looked pretty good. Hopefully, it takes off because it looks like a fun gameplay experience.
            Jared Layman

Comment

Originally posted by Marr Branch View Post
              You really know your sex toys Hacksaw.
              Learned from the best.
              (I watch a lotta youtube when I can't sleep, lol)

Comment

I think it was THE 6TH DAY....

[QUOTE=Hacksaw;166153] I think it was Demolition Man?

THE 6TH DAY with Schwarzenegger.

Comment

[QUOTE=SAWDUST JONES;167924]
                  Originally posted by Hacksaw View Post
                  I think it was Demolition Man?

THE 6TH DAY with Schwarzenegger.
                  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67DN3uvwXkE

Only saw 6th day once, I'll have to check it out again to see that one.
                  Last edited by Hacksaw; 01-11-2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

I personally own a rift and its fun but couldn't replace reality of being inside a haunted house. There is a big difference between reality and VR. Reality is real and VR is still not much different than an x-box only seeing more. I do not think VR will replace riding a coaster and feeling he wind in your hair. Sorry.

I will add haunted houses are getting a lot of competition outside the other haunt in town. VR, Escapes, Amusement Parks, and the whole list could take a bite out who knows.

Comment

Working...
                    X