Haunt Convention Seminar Videos For Sale

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunt Convention Seminar Videos For Sale

I would like to add my voice to others (on various threads, for years) who keep stating that those of us who cannot go to a particular haunt convention would be willing to pay to hear/see videos of the seminars. Everyone cannot attend in-person, for various reasons, but why not sell the seminars later? Even if it is a year later (so attendees feel like they received the content first), that's better than nothing. The cost to make the videos would be very, very low. A single video camera (or even iPhone) on a tripod is all that is needed. No editing, color correction, etc. You also wouldn't need to print them to physical media (DVDs). You could sell them as downloads, or sell access to them on YouTube Red, etc. Every time there is a haunt convention, i see haunters in these forums asking (sometimes begging and pleading) for convention owners (and/or seminar presenters) to offer videos of the seminars, and it seems to largely fall on deaf ears. Why would people flush this potential income stream down the drain? You would probably even get purchases from people who were physically at the seminars, to help them remember what was said. I would love to purchase videos of some of the seminars I attended in the past!

Would anyone else be interested in purchasing individual convention seminars? If so, please leave a reply to this thread.
    Haunt: DARK REALMS

Day job: Game Composer/Sound Designer

My "geek rock" band: Legendary nOObs

I would love to buy video downloads of sessions.

Transworld is a 20+ hour international flight away for me. I deeply want to go but it was simply impossible for me this year to get to the USA.

Comment

same here I agree

Comment

I agree Tiki, but the powers that be think it is a bad idea.

Comment

I can tell you why they might not want to. And this is just a theory. They only provide the seminars to lure you to the vendors to get you to buy things from the vendors. It tells me that the seminars in of themselves must not be particularly insightful/educational. At least not from a stand alone standpoint. It's really just a shiny carrot at the end of a stick. The fact that the powers that be continually ignore the request speaks volumes.

Edit: I also think it indicates an older generation mentality that you must be somewhere in person.
          Last edited by mrfoos; 03-08-2016, 03:52 PM.

Comment

Also

If they taped them and sold them why would any of the people attending transworld want to attend a conference when they seen one on tape that's the same or simular. I think they might be worried that the attendance on seminars will go down year after year till its dead. Theres a fx school in my town. They do not offer tapes of there classes because they want you to attend and would loose money over time do to people rather buying the tapes and not actually attending the classes. Also I can share that tape with multiple people. It's all about money and I think they feel it will hurt the bottom line if they have a bunch of copies of there seminars floatin around. Just my to cents

Comment

The Game Developers Conference (GDC) is the number one video game convention in the country, and they've been selling recordings of their live seminars for years. That convention has only increased in attendance, every single year, for the last 27 years! Selling recordings of the seminars at a convention does not hurt the convention. It is just a way to help those who could not attend in-person, and a way to generate more income.
              Last edited by Dark Tiki Studios; 06-17-2016, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Even if not of the actual convention seminar, why not tape their own version at home with the same intent to sell? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
                O'Shawn McClendon
                Creative Chair -- Operator: Cayce-West Columbia Hall of Horrors

One mans junk is another mans kick-ass new prop...

http://www.hallofhorrors.com

http://twitter.com/hallofhorrors

http://cwchallofhorrors.blogspot.com

http://www.youtube.com/hallofhorrors

http://www.myspace.com/cwcjc_hallofhorrors

Comment

I would buy a Haunt Convention Seminar video

Depending on price. Some haunt owners like myself have full time jobs and cannot afford the luxury of going to those haunted conventions. It would be nice to buy a full descriptive content with some easy text editing on the videos ad some added special effects for flare it would not be that hard to accomplish . video should be available for download online or sent through email).

Booger Jim's Hollow
                  http://boogerjimshollow.com
                  2 haunted attractions for one low price
                  10th year of haunting the upstate

Comment

Originally posted by freak 'n' stein View Post
                    Even if not of the actual convention seminar, why not tape their own version at home with the same intent to sell? Just a thought.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
                    A very good thought!

Comment

I second your notion that most seminars are produced by people who want to sell you something. There are a handful of seminars who do the job but overall I'd say most are infomercials. There aren't many how to dvd's out there anymore I think Larry is really the only one making them anymore. We picked up his new how to make a haunted house at Transworld. I'd give it a thumbs up.

Comment

Working...
                      X