Six Flags Review?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags Review?

Anyone attend the six flags event? We did the darkness and could not make it and wanted to know what the trip involved.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Whats your review of Darkness. Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

The darkness is just like a movie set. I could not find any areas of the haunt that were not thoroughly detailed. The comments most often said were this must have took forever to make and the cost involved. Every time I pushed passed a hanging body I was like well that was $500 and that was $500 and that animatronic was $7000 and that one was $10000. The scene in the library with the fully detailed visible second floor was just too cool. As for the haunt we have been 5 times over the years. Its hard to scare haunters we could see the pressure pads and jump spots but that is to be expected. We did Lemp last year and despite a few negative reviews I enjoyed the dark with fog and small spots. I was startled countless times with actors a few feet away I could'nt see. Detail and thought of layout goes to the darkness and scare factor goes to the Lemp. Silo X was very cool a few more strobes would have been even better in my opinion. Thanks for the free takeaway photo at the end. Every year we bring more people with us and have a great time.

Comment

Darkness review

We went to the Darkness on Thursday for the behind the scenes tour. In short, it's like a showcase for all the coolest props and over-the-top set designs. With all the animatronics in there, I can't imagine where the actors go. I did notice a number of very nice high-end props that either lacked decent lighting or were not lit at all, but I do recall Larry saying they did not have time to get all the lighting done after the remodel, so I assume that will get fixed.

I thought the escape rooms were very cool. The sand on the floor in the Egyptian-themed room was a super cool touch!

Overall, it was very impressive, and very inspiring as to what is really possible. Thanks for opening your haunt to us, Larry!
        -Eric
        Chief Engineer/Co-Creative Director
        HUSH Haunted Attraction

sigpic

Comment

The Darkness

Okay Larry so this is my honest opinion about the darkness. I know you have been in business for a long time but this is how I truly feel. I think the darkness has amazing sets. Animatronics are cool for distraction but should definitely not be the main source of scared in any room. I think there is so much attention to detail and no attention to lighting. Just throwing in flood lights to lighten up the room doesn't set the environment. I actually think if you darken your lights and added more dimmer pinspot LED you would get a more efficient show that's your actors would love to work in. Just walking through with the actors I could see everyone before they even attacked us and that's going to suck for them.

Comment

Matt,

Good point but had you listened to what I said in particular to the new Silo-X I said we just threw up the lighting at the last minute. We barely got this attraction done.

Same goes for the two new scenes we did in Darkness we just tossed up some lights... we ran out of time. As for the rest of the Darkness I don't agree at all... we probably have and I'm guessing here about 50,000 in lighting equipment and most if not all rooms are lit perfectly. We DID NOT do that in Silo-X we totally agree... when I was talking to people on the behind the scenes tours I mentioned that it wasn't done right.

You bring up a great point and its something we will work on to improve as time permits.

Larry
            Larry Kirchner
            President
            www.HalloweenProductions.com
            www.BlacklightAttractions.com
            www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
            www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Six Flags was ok. It was a neat thing to be able to go and do. You got dinner and got to see a couple of their haunts, which need some serious updating. It seems like a smaller park and they only had a small portion of or open, which I understand completely. The Battle for Metropolis was bad, they should be ashamed of that ride. The other couple rides were pretty good. Mr. Freeze was actually a really good coaster. The park got dark really fast so you could see much. I don't think they had their normal lights on. I would have liked to have seen the whole park under warmer conditions to get a good feel fo it. It seemed like a neat little park and probably has some fun rides. It didn't seem as good as parks like Cedar Point, but it seemed pretty good.

I would consider doing it again, but only if I could drive my own vehicle. Taking busses sucks.
              Jared Layman

Comment

We went to the Darkness behind the scenes tour and it was simply amazing. Most of all loved the new Silo Zombie Haunt. We also got to walk thru the escape rooms and must say amazing. Great job! We planned on going to Darkness Saturday night event but decided to do Six Flags instead. Biggest mistake we made during Transworld show. The park is outdated but overall this was a total bore. I think I can speak for myself and most of the people who went in saying very disappointed. I will not do this event again if it was to repeat itself.

Total waste of time.

Comment

This year we tried to visit EVERYTHING! We did Darkness on Wednesday night, we also did the zombie laser tag, Phobia and six flags. I'll start with The Darkness. There is really nothing to say here it was the best haunted house we've ever seen. Nothing new there. The escape rooms where built very similar to the haunt itself. The new Silo-X was very nice and totally different. We did not do the live event this year but maybe next year.

Zombie Laser Tag was a very interesting concept but there wasn't enough actors to pull it off right. We are going to consider the idea. Worth the $30 bucks to understand the concept.

Phobia was not very big and was just not on the level of Darkness. It took about an hour or so to get there it was pretty far away. I probably would not do this event again. It was okay for a second year haunt. The owners are very nice and totally inviting. It was something different but honestly just about what you expect out of a second year haunt. Let me stress the owners went out of their way to make everyone feel welcome.

Six Flags nothing really to say other than a waste of time and money. It took about an hour and something to get there. Their dark ride wasn't very cool and overall the park was not what I was expecting. I would not do this event again.

I'm not disappointed in any of the events we attended this year we tried something different and that is okay. I think we had more fun at the bar than visiting events and taking you away from the hotel for 3 hours wasn't worth the money or time. The Darkness tour is great because you can get there in about 5 minutes and get back to the hotel quickly.

I hope Larry will just open Creepyworld. Their website says it will open. If that opens I will do that event otherwise I'll probably stick to the hotel and socialize!

Comment

Six Flags was an ok experience, however we would not do it again; 55 minutes bus ride their, League of Justice ride went on it once and I will never go on again. Freeze coaster was pretty good but would have liked to see more of the park. I am however looking forward to CreepyWorld being open next year.

Comment

Thanks for the six flags reviews think we did better with the Darkness even if we have seen it many times. I am also waiting for Creepyworld to open for the show(LARRY?). Probably would skip the darkness next year just to allow for a few years of new renovations. Wouldn't mind Lemp again as it was the scariest haunt in the area.

Comment

Working...
                      X