Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions about multilevel or multi floor haunted house.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about multilevel or multi floor haunted house.

I was wondering if anyone has experience with multi level or multi floor haunted houses. I remember from the chaos class (in the fire safety) about the evacuation plan but I don't remember the speaker speaking about multi level. What would an evacuation plan look like for multilevel?

The USS Nightmare is two levels. The evacuation plan is fairly simple. Go forward one scene and make sure its empty, taking patrons with you, exit to deck and proceed to nearest stairway to main deck. Use closest gangplank and exit to shore--meet in parking lot.

For drills we meet on the break deck, but otherwise, it's the same.

Now, we've got tons of doors, four staircases from the main deck, and two gangplanks, so this is probably not like a building or house would work, but it IS multi-story.

Comment

It''s NOT the best choice but you can do it. The Darkness is multi level but trust me would prefer one floor ground floor. Stairs cause a lot of log jams.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Thanks Jack and Thanks Larry; do you have any experience with people in wheel chair(s)coming thru?I would think multiple locations would be needed to evacuate them quickly (with a chair lift)from the upper or lower level depending on where the exits are located.

Comment

We have long ramps in our wheelhouses. Both are close to exits.

Comment

As an architecture student, I can tell you that in most buildings stairwells are sufficient as secondary means of egress for wheelchairs, provided they have an "area of refuge" to wait to be assisted down the stairs. You probably would need elevator(s) for the primary path through the haunt to comply with ADA, however.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
            *Sigh*I can't wait til' October

Comment

Thank you Jack and Pumpkin King.

Comment

The Ignis Fatuus is a multi-level ramped haunt.

We have 3 exits on ground level (Haunt Entrance, Haunt Exit, and rear of building) and two on the second floor at the beginning and middle of the attraction. We also keep 29 fire extinguishers on-site so there is one within a single rooms travel from any actor position.

Our greeter clears from Entrance and our breakers clear from Exit and then they meet and bounce off of each other and back trace. MoD directs traffic Via PA and CCTV system. Each other actor clears their room and associated actor positions and then proceeds to nearest exit before returning to our staging position.

We do a drill as part of training and then do monthly drills (We run May to September On-Site at an amusement pier) as part of our in-service program.

A standard wheelchair can be easily navigated through our attraction and we have a bypass to allow guests that use a wheelchair the option of only partaking in our lower level so they do not have to navigate the ramps of the second level.

Comment

Working...
                X