Elevator DIY?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Elevator DIY?

I have seen a bunch of elevators but does anyone have a DIY on making one? Thanks

How well do you want to build it? I have plans but the build cost is still several thousand dollars
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Well built but for several thousand couldn't you just purchase one already built?

Comment

I've seen Brian's plans put to use at Hundred Acres Manor out in PA. Fantastic pieces of work! Honestly unless you're an expert craftsman and welder, I'd just buy one!

They're beautiful but I know were are a lot of work to put together if you want all the gizmos and gadgets! (No pun intended.) :P
        Zach Wiechmann
        www.frontyardfright.com

Comment

Originally posted by HauntedDeadEnd View Post
          Well built but for several thousand couldn't you just purchase one already built?
          For a fully functional elevator, pre built, your looking at $10-$20,000. Doing it yourself, with the proper parts, for a simple one, you could probably do it for $3,000-$5,000. Closer to $10,000 for something like what I did at Hundred Acres.

To get a head start you could always buy a prebuilt motion base from Frightprops or Evilusions. I know creative visions also sells a kit.
          Brian Warner

Comment

Originally posted by Front Yard Fright View Post
            I've seen Brian's plans put to use at Hundred Acres Manor out in PA. Fantastic pieces of work! Honestly unless you're an expert craftsman and welder, I'd just buy one!

They're beautiful but I know were are a lot of work to put together if you want all the gizmos and gadgets! (No pun intended.) :P
            Thanks. It wasn't all me, but the CAD was, and I did help with a portion of the fabrication.
            Brian Warner

Comment

Brian,

Do you have a video of your elevator? Larry
              Larry Kirchner
              President
              www.HalloweenProductions.com
              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                Brian,

Do you have a video of your elevator? Larry
                I'm working on finding it. The spot from their travel channel special doesn't show any of the mechanical aspect
                Brian Warner

Comment

Working...
                X