Outdoor maze ideas wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Outdoor maze ideas wanted

I have a 60'x60' courtyard in which I'd like to build a maze.
    What are some good, inexpensive, weather-resistant materials that some of you have used for similar applications?
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Maze materials

I make complete mazes and sell parts or raw materials for DIYers. Give me a call.
    George 864-761-7223burlan 3.jpgflame cert 2.jpgMacedonia-20120616-00114-1.jpgflat tent frame.jpg
    George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

Remember tents bring their own problems such as if its too big many or most fire marshals won't allow it without a sprinkler system. We have been successful and unsuccessful in convincing inspectors of their use. I don't know why you are not considering an open air theme you can do that as well... all haunted houses do NOT have to be covered.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

misunderstood

The maze I mentioned in the above post is open air and all the parts are covered by a flame certificate. Maybe the framework was misunderstood. I do sell new and used tents and will be glad to talk to anybody's fire marshal about tents on their behalf.flame cert.png
        George Maser 864-761-7223, masertents@gmail.com. For the fastest response please call or text! (I talk much better than I type)

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          I don't know why you are not considering an open air theme you can do that as well... all haunted houses do NOT have to be covered.

Larry
          The maze is intended to be open air.
          Sorry if I somehow indicated otherwise.
          Would love to use chain link fence panels, but that would be cost and labor prohibitive for my small haunt and such a large area (60'x60').
          I've seen vinyl chain link type fabric, but have not found that online and don't know what the price would be.
          Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
          http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

Originally posted by Abunai View Post
            The maze is intended to be open air.
            Sorry if I somehow indicated otherwise.
            Would love to use chain link fence panels, but that would be cost and labor prohibitive for my small haunt and such a large area (60'x60').
            I've seen vinyl chain link type fabric, but have not found that online and don't know what the price would be.

Actually I have found used dog cages that come in various sizes that you can configure into a maze. Look on craigslist and your local online yard sale groups. People seem to get rid of them on a regular basis.

Good Luck,
            JB

Www.twistedfieldsofterror.com

Comment

why not set temp poles and use jute or camo-netting?

Comment

If you ever come to Creepyworld you'll find we have MANY OPEN AIR mazes... some we cover with camo netting and some are just wide open to mother nature.

There are TONS of themes... campsite (Jason), graveyard, pig farm, ummm the list is so long you can't even imagine. You can even do some themes where you build VERY SMALL buildings that don't fall under inspections like a small 500 square foot cabin. You go thru the woods and then you walk thru this small cabin and then back in the woods. The most natural settings are always going to be open air haunts. Just remember to never take an open air theme and ruin it by doing something that simply doesn't belong.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                X