No announcement yet.

ScareAtorium haunt review - bus tour

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Seems like running a touch haunt would be too stressful. I hear touching complaints when our guests Accidently run into OUR actors, I can't imagine the complaints I would get if we actually were touching people. Seems like a headache, but whatever, do what you want you want I don't have to deal with it.

As far as Larry is concerned what did people complain about on your first tour? I went on it, I don't remember it being complaint worthy. Was it just too many people trying to go through?
    Jared Layman

Comment

Complaints on my tour...

Lets start with the Vegas Tour which I helped promote NOT operate. One bus got lost, not enough food, lines too long, haunt wasn't good enough, some very unsafe aspects. Blah, blah... that was a Randy Griggs haunted house. I thought they did a great job but the people who came didn't agree.

My first tour... We spent the most time, money and energy the very FIRST YEAR of all other years. We built a new building in back, Terror Visions from scratch, Monster Museum/Gift store from scratch, rebuilt half the downstairs section of the haunt and half the upstairs section of the haunt. We got so caught up in trying to get the new building SAFE enough to tour we forgot things like charging our radios which resulted in a very hard opening. No one could communicate so it took longer to get people into action... we opened about 30 minutes late. It started to rain people got mad about that. The very first night we did a lights on tour and some of the electric kept going out ... it was all new electric we fixed it the next day. Just little things but didn't stop people from getting irate.

I learned a lot from that tour and tried not to repeat those mistakes again.

We've had other issues since ... one of the years we opened late because on all nights yep that one saturday a sewer pipe broke and flooded our lobby. We opened late again because we had to clean it up. We had a sewer person come that very night and fix it. We had the infamous Tator complaints ... his act didn't impress some they let me have it let me tell you.

Otherwise not to much else has anyone complained about. I would say that since the 2nd year its been almost ALL GLOWING POSITIVE! I will say however that I learned a lot from the harsh comments from the first year and we improved.

Here is what I learned...

1) DO NOT OPEN LATE

2) DO NOT USE BUSES

3) IF YOU DO FOOD MAKE SURE YOU HAVE WAY TO MUCH

4) DO NOT DO ANYTHING THAT CAN OFFEND PEOPLE

5) DO NOT TOUCH PEOPLE

6) IF SOMETHING ISN"T DONE HIDE IT

7) DO NOT TRY TO DO MORE THAN IS POSSIBLE BECAUSE MANY PEOPLE FOCUS ON YOUR FAILURES NOT SUCCESS

8) CHARGE OUR RADIOS MAKE SURE YOU CAN COMMUNICATE

9) SELL EVERYTHING WITH TIMED TICKETS in OTHER WORDS PRESELL ONLY ONCE YOU KNOW HOW MANY ARE COMING HAVE A GAME PLAN OF TIME YOU CAN TAKE BETWEEN EACH GROUP

10) DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ALLOW THE PEOPLE IN TOO SLOW ... NO WAY JOSE.
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

I think your list about sums it all up. I was on facebook a few days ago and saw a bunch of people still talking about this. If every haunt that opens for the public followed your list overall more haunts would be happy. However if they are a touch or extreme haunt they should POST MASSIVE warning labels PRIOR to buying tickets. I think one of the biggest issues was here there was a lot of rough walls and the actors would knock you right into them. That wasn't fun.

It wasn't just grabbing and pushing some of the actors used really vulgar language as well. If this is how you operate your haunt wow but for haunters no way.

Comment

Working...
        X