We scored some really cool stuff

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We scored some really cool stuff

Over the past 35 years I’ve received lots of free stuff for our haunt. It’s awesome when someone contacts you and says “I will give you our stuff if you’ll reuse it”. Some people would prefer their stuff be reused instead of hauling it to the dump. They also didn’t want a scrapper to profit from their stuff. So we happened to be at the right place at the right time this week. A 250,000 sq ft business closed and they sold all their inventory and most of their stuff, but they had lots of furnishing and raw materials remaining. They offered it FREE as long as we had everything out by 6:00 Friday.

We worked hard loading and unloading it and we asked permission before taking anything. He gave us deadlines for removing each item and we met them each day. A couple of my crew helped his crew with a couple projects and he appreciated our assistance. I’m sure that extra help and we brought in donuts and coffee for them, were reasons he was very gracious and continued to offer us more stuff. They are coming by our haunt this week to check it out.

Just a partial list of our free score: 400+ 2 x 4’s, 50+ 16’ boards, 100+ sheets of plywood, 50+ wall panels (compete fitting rooms), PA and sound systems, cabinets, desks, chairs, electrical fixtures, metal cages, display cases, an iron bar gate from the bank and lots more.

This company clears out buildings and I found out they will be going to Omaha, Nebraska next. Email me if you are in that area with a haunt and I’ll explain procedures for getting stuff from them. I’ve developed a friendship with two of their top guys and if I hear of them going to other cities (and they surely will), then I’ll post here so maybe others can take advantage of this fantastic opportunity. Kelly@ScareAtorium.com
    20160625_144415.jpg20160625_160810.jpg

Never pass up anything free. Amazing find.

Comment

Working...
    X