Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I learn options for mobile haunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I learn options for mobile haunting?

Hey All,

I've been planning to develop a haunted attraction in Australia.

Unfortunately our cities are undergoing an all time high property-market "bubble", making renting or owning buildings here one of the most expensive places in the world. Close to the city or not, residential or industrial, dilapidated or new, basically everything now is into the millions of dollars to own and absurd rental pricess to match - making the economics questionable for someone trying to get started.

With this in mind - I'm starting to think about options that may be more portable - shipping containers, tents, or even better some type of mobile haunt that could be driven around on trucks almost like a circus operation.

Can anyone recommend any resources on where I could learn about mobile or outdoor haunting?

thanks for any help!

Good morning David,

We just sent you a PM regarding what you may be interested in!
    District of the Dead Haunted House & Morbid Entertainment

http://www.BuffaloFear.com
    http://www.MorbidEntertainment.com

Comment

Bob Turner from the Haunted Hydro has been running a haunted attraction in Australia for the past few years. He sends a crew out there twice a years to operate a portable setup at fairs. I don't think he's on this forum, but you can try to contact him through Facebook. I know he's been shipping props, etc. over there in shipping containers.

He's mentioned haunted houses are an unfamiliar concept in Australia.

Kelly

Comment

Originally posted by Spikerip View Post
        Bob Turner from the Haunted Hydro has been running a haunted attraction in Australia for the past few years. He sends a crew out there twice a years to operate a portable setup at fairs. I don't think he's on this forum, but you can try to contact him through Facebook. I know he's been shipping props, etc. over there in shipping containers.

He's mentioned haunted houses are an unfamiliar concept in Australia.

Kelly
        Thanks! They very much are unfamiliar to us culturally. Halloween is viewed here as an American custom and some people take a sort of faux Aussie pride in denying any interest in it on the basis that "we're not America". However, I've noticed the past few years that this trend is ending, the next generation seems much more into Halloween, and a few local councils and things are starting to get in on the fun and organise community events, costumes are appearing in shops, I think within a few more years it will become a full blown Aussie celebration as well! It's simply too awesome and too much fun for people to play grinch forever!

Anyway, although I've never met him, I think I must have seen Bob Turner's show as of of the 3 haunts I've ever found in Australia is a show that plays at the annual fair in my city. Fantastic show - sort of a quick 5-10 minute carnival experience compared to the longer 45 minute stuff you have over there, but it was wonderful and a lot of fun. If he ever sells it I'd buy hahah!

Comment

Working...
        X