Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Here is Something All Haunts Should be worried about...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here is Something All Haunts Should be worried about...

This is a SERIOUS issue here folks... better figure it out now. I had this same problem last year, some people start a fight with each other and led to a major problem. I ended up hiring police to do nothing but watch for line cutters. I heard at some major amusement parks they had the same problems and it was getting worse...

Now read this and see what I'm talking about!!!!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/busin...l_tab01_layout

I'm not kidding this is a serious issue...what is everyone doing?

I was told by another haunter last year that they had the same problem and it almost turned into a riot!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

I hope to help keep that to a minimum by line entertainment. Roaming monsters, movie screen with public domain and goofy haunted commercials, etc. And of course security and staff around the area.

Line cutting is not so much an issue when the ticket taker is at the door, methinks.

Also, the lady in the article would have done that action at most any other place, methinks. That is something you CANNOT predict or watch for, honestly.
    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

We Too Have Hired Private Security (off Duty Police) To Patrol Our Line. Hope This Doesnt Happen To Any One This Haunt Season.

Sean
      Sean De Wane
      ----------------------------------------------
      The De Wane Asylum
      www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Well Me Thinks, no ah yeah exactly that isnt much you can really control. Its all impulse and can happen in the blink of an eye. Someone might be perfectly calm and let it happen and then bam they retaliate. I agree if you have line entertainment or can cut the line with combo or speed passes hopefully you dont run into this problem.
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Speed Passes not handled right would probably cause fisticuff action, nobody as an adult likes to be belittled or discriminated against.
          Two years ago as a group walked into my house during a busy October night I heard one guy mumble to himself:"I'm gunna knife one of these SOBs!"
          We had him quietly surrounded by Policemen. He had a crazed look in his eye and kept his one hand inside of his shirt the whole time........
          I guess he had been arguing with other customers in the parking lot.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

One year at Howl-O-Scream eight teenagers just started to walk pass everyone in a Q line to one of the haunted houses, they would not stop no matter what people yelled at them. Some of them would even give the finger to people that said anything. After about 20 min. in line I got to go into the house, how nice it was to exit said house to see the same teenagers being patted down by the Tampa PD. They all got kicked out of the park and they didn't have to wait in line for that.
            Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Maybe a good staged aresst or eviction from the haunt would convince the others there that it won't be tolerated. You have a whole lot of actors there that would love to do some real acting.
              Greg Salyers
              Fear Entertainment

Comment

I think by the time people have driven the many miles to get to my place (from most locations) they are too tired to make much BS with anyone over little or nothing. Besides a small town has it's Police reputation to keep some of them in line. "Where yoo from, boy? You ain't from around here are you now?"
                I was watching out a window one night as two local county police were "questioning" a viable suspect that was in the process of becoming their play-toy-beach ball. I must admit that after the trouble caused by the guy's friend (who escaped) I felt good about the tax money/salary for those officers that night!
                They achieved results too, they got the name and address and I got justice.
                A day or two later the guilty party was handing me $100.oo (of his Mommie's money, I think?) for damages rather than go to jail AGAIN. He was already on probation for stuff unrelated to me or mine.
                His stupid stunt put my business that night on "hold" for quite some time, making a mess to be cleaned up,replacement items to be purchased and 75 customers waiting...$100.oo was cheap.
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Greg,
                  I like that idea. Even have them get roughed up a little for being belligerent to the fine officers of the law would get some attention too.

I can see it now "Stop or I will Taze you" "NO?" BZZZZZAP "now are you going to stay down or will I have to do it again?" "NO" BZZZZZZAP Then cuff them and stuff them.

I bet anyone who was thinking of acting up will rethink their actions.
                  http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                  Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                  When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                  If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Side bets would be made from within the crowd.
                    Is the Tazer victim faking that orgasim or not?
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                    X