Ownership questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ownership questions

For those who own a professional haunted attraction I would really appreciate some input.

How many owners do you have for your attraction.

How many hours a week do you personally work on your attraction.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow, so many variables. Just two partners; my wife and I. We also have a management team of 6 people who are very involved in our haunt and we'll have about 150 team members.

My wife works full-time on our business. Some weeks 30 hours and some weeks 70+. I work part-time on the haunt, I have a full-time job (40+ hours a week) and spend my evenings and weekends working on the haunt. It varies by time of the year, but right now about I'm spending about 30 – 40 hours a week on haunt business.

You have to love the industry and it helps if your spouse is involved.

Kelly
    The ScareAtorium

Comment

This is our first year as a commercial haunt.

I am the owner of the business, but my wife, two adult sons, one younger son and I have been building a home haunt together for the last 11 years.

I guess you'd say we are all owners of the commercial haunt.

My wife and two older boys have been putting 40-60 hours in nearly every week for a few months.

I have a day job that keeps me traveling a lot, but the "business" aspect of the haunt takes me about 20 hours per week (marketing, dealing with printshops, web developers, suppliers, fire marshals, zoning people, insurance, lawyers, landlords, etc.) When I'm in town, I work 8-12 hours at my regular job then 4-6 on the haunt.

We have volunteer help off and on which is absolutely essential.

It's a whole lot of work.

I hope we're ready in time.
      Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
      http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

Working...
      X