Best and Worst Haunted Houses - Read this

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best and Worst Haunted Houses - Read this

This is pretty interesting... clearly they picked their best four haunted houses from my list they even point to my list. Goes to show once again the power of Hauntworld.com

The most interesting point here is the ones they pick as the WORST TO VISIT!

Dead Acres being one for all the stuff that goes on there. Interesting they picked Ripley's I guess they call it out for being over rated hype machine haunt. Who knows. Blackout is called out for being a horrible experience and honestly I couldn't agree more. Lastly they called out McKenny Manor for all the horrible things that go on there to guests.

I'm not specifically calling out any of these haunts but notice they are trashing 3 haunts who have something in common... extreme violence. And I guess Ripleys for just not being very good... there are lots of those types of haunts but this is the only one that is a franchise.

Larry
    http://www.cheatsheet.com/culture/be...tml/?a=viewall
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Uhg. They don't say they even visited any of the haunts on their list. It's probably just a college intern re-writing reviews they read from other websites to fill a monthly article quota.

I prefer real reviews from people really visiting the haunts they review.

Comment

Haunted Hoochie is awesome, those guys writing the article are clueless. They are at least a haunted house...a great one....And nothing like the torture houses on the list.

Comment

I feel there needs to be a distinctive term to denote the more violent attractions such as Blackout and Mckamey Manor.

Although that type of experience is most certainly not for me I can respect that there's a market of patrons who desires such experiences and who probably get what they're after in the above attractions.

What is desperately needed is a clear distinction in terminology for consumers between this type of 'simulated torture/abduction' experience and the more traditional type 'props and mazes' type events.

As both a haunt consumer and hopefully a potential owner soon I don't think it's in anybody's interest for such wildly varying products to be both called 'haunts' as it potentially confuses both the customers and the media coverage of the happenings at these businesses.

It's obvious how footage from the violent places could damage the business reputation of more gentle family attractions, and likewise, I think even those after an extreme experience could be off put by attending other haunts that don't give them anywhere near the experience they sought after.

It would be so much better if torture simulation and other extreme attractions could be more clearly distinguished rather than conflated with 'Haunted Houses'.

Comment

We have been calling them abduction simulations for a few years, they are not haunted houses. Hootchie is an extreme haunted house - the very definition of an "extreme" Haunted house, aka content, language, physical contact.
          Ben Armstrong
          NETHERWORLD HAUNTED HOUSE
          www.Fearworld.com
          www.NetherworldNetwork.com

Comment

Working...
          X