1000 sq foot floorplans

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1000 sq foot floorplans

Life set me back at least another year to be opening up my haunt, but I never stop planning. It's looking like an outdoor haunt with one or two buildings under 1000 sq feet is the best option for the first couple years (mostly for code compliance). I was wondering how much you can realistically do in 1000 sq ft space, and am looking for some ideas. Does anyone have floorplans, photos, videos, etc they are willing to share?
    Slash
    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Originally posted by slash View Post
    Life set me back at least another year to be opening up my haunt, but I never stop planning. It's looking like an outdoor haunt with one or two buildings under 1000 sq feet is the best option for the first couple years (mostly for code compliance). I was wondering how much you can realistically do in 1000 sq ft space, and am looking for some ideas. Does anyone have floorplans, photos, videos, etc they are willing to share?
    Did you get anyone to reply? I would be interested to see how it turn out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Are you looking for designs for a 1000 square foot haunted house? A layout of a maze or a design of a haunted house?

Comment

If you come to Creepyworld all of our mazes are 1000 square feet exact and for a reason... anything under 1000 square doesn't need a sprinkler system.

So what we do there is build several 1000 square foot mazes then we put like a connected themed area between it making it seem like its together.

It looks great. You can get a lot of length from 1000 square feet if you know how to design it correctly.

I will add that i typically have about 3 to 4 scenes with hallways between. If I walked you thru one there is no way you'd think it was 1000.

In fact I have this dark maze that is 1000 square feet and sometimes people are trapped in there for like an hour. Not kidding. Point being 1000 square feet can do some serious damage if done right.

Larry
        Larry Kirchner
        President
        www.HalloweenProductions.com
        www.BlacklightAttractions.com
        www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
        www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
          If you come to Creepyworld all of our mazes are 1000 square feet exact and for a reason... anything under 1000 square doesn't need a sprinkler system.

So what we do there is build several 1000 square foot mazes then we put like a connected themed area between it making it seem like its together.

It looks great. You can get a lot of length from 1000 square feet if you know how to design it correctly.

I will add that i typically have about 3 to 4 scenes with hallways between. If I walked you thru one there is no way you'd think it was 1000.

In fact I have this dark maze that is 1000 square feet and sometimes people are trapped in there for like an hour. Not kidding. Point being 1000 square feet can do some serious damage if done right.

Larry
          Larry, I take it those 1000 square foot sections are covered and the connected theme areas are open area? Or is the open area theme a maze also, but uncovered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

following this post but I went and look at your haunt Creepyworld through youtube it was great.. I too think I might have to design mine this way too...thanks

Comment

Designing mini attractions

My attraction is only about 1000 feet. When designing attractions of this size you are always balancing throughput with scene size with linear footage. I theory if your 1000 square foot attraction was just 4 foot wide hallways you would get 250 linear feet. If you want to have rooms rather than hallways and still have the attraction take some time than you can have hellevators doors and more interactive scenes but keep in mind this sacrifices throughput. My attraction was about 175 linear feet last year and it took 4-6 minutes to walk through. In many haunts you would walk much faster but certain areas like our dark maze and hellavator slowed patrons down. however this can create bottlenecks or conga lines.
              My advive to you is to figure our your prioritys whether it be throughput walkthrough length or scene size.
              Hope this helps!
              Sam

Comment

Watch this video its a complete walk thru of Creepyworld.

Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                X