Opening weekend a success!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opening weekend a success!

Just wanted to hop on and let you all know how our opening weekend went. We had a nice steady flow of customers both Friday and Saturday. We never had a huge line, but that's ok, we're brand new! We did have a few of the bigger haunts in our area come thru and they introduced themselves and welcomed us to the haunt world. That was fantastic!!! We have been so lucky to have been welcomed into the industry with open arms. Friday night we received good reviews, but one thing stood out: everyone hated the last room. To be honest, the last room never quite grew on me. We had it as a Christmas room, complete with a snow machine, creepy elf, Christmas music played at the wrong speed and all sorts of over the top decorations. Yesterday morning when my husband and I woke up and recapped the night, we decided to change it for last night. This is one of those stories that I'm sure we'll be telling over and over again about our "first year"! We changed the entire last scene yesterday to what else? A clown room of course! I know that the clown thing is overdone, and we didn't want to even do clowns, HOWEVER, with the recent rumors of clown sightings heavily in our area, we thought we gotta go with pop culture. So our Christmas room became a clown room. And it was a giant hit!! I'm so glad we changed it. We had 5 actors dress as clowns and pretty much just stand there in the empty room. All black walls with black light paint on them and a group of clowns with foam weapons. Simple, but sooooo effective!!

Thanks for all the haunt world advice you all have given us over the past 8 years!! It's still surreal that we are actually a "pro haunt". After all the ups and downs we experienced over this past year, I really feel like all the hard work is going to pay off. Oh and we also realized something. The bigger haunts in the area open next weekend, while the smaller haunts opened this weekend. I'm glad we opened early because my team really needed the practice. I imagine the more experienced haunts don't need the extra practice, maybe that's why they don't open early? We are fully expecting to be a lot busier this weekend and we are prepared👍🏻
    ~nail in the coffin~

**Crawford School of Terror**
    Connellsville, PA
Working...
X