Facebook/Social Media Reviews

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Facebook/Social Media Reviews

There are all kinds of different avenues now for your customers to post reviews online.
    Facebook, Yelp, Google, whatever.

I've looked around at some of the Facebook pages for haunted houses out there and have seen apparently different policies in how to handle bad reviews.

I've seen some haunt pages that have removed the review section entirely.
    I've seen some haunt pages address every review, good and bad.
    I've seen some haunt pages ignore (not reply) to the negative reviews.

We all pour our hearts, souls, cash, and time into our haunts and it's tough to get a bad review.

What's your policy for replying?

Thanks
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

I've worked at haunts for awhile and love going to them. I recently went to an interactive one and got slightly injured from a prop. I thought they should know so others don't get hurt so I emailed them. They graciously replied back. I felt email was best because I didn't want to broadcast the incident and tarnish their reputation. I made sure I gave them a shout out on social media.

I must say, I appreciate when I see businesses reply to comments (whether good or bad) on social media. It makes me think they value people's business.

Comment

There is NO QUESTION why some people remove their reviews...

1) Their haunted house totally and utterly sucks. That would be one reason.

2) They have a lot of local competition and don't get along with them... there are other haunts who will on purpose try to sabotage you for no good reason. if someone keeps trying to spam your page you really have no choice but to do something to end the nightmare. I think its childish to do something like this but people do it.

The reality is I don't think many people pay that close attention to this stuff, truth be told most people fabricate their ratings anyway. Lets face it a new haunt will call every single TOM DICK AND HARRY they know to post a positive review. I've seen haunts open around here in the past and before they even get open they have 50 5 star reviews... now how did that happen? Then you have the person who leaves 1 star reviews just because they don't like you personally. Can you really judge what to do based on reviews on facebook. I think not!

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
      X