Demise of our educational system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demise of our educational system

Got this slightly odd email from a middle school teacher. I thought, well OK, maybe she was in a hurry:

hello,
    I want make sure it costs twenty dollars each ? as we went last year.
    still costs for staff supervisor with students? 49 students from 11 to 13
    years old 10 staffs we will come this Wednesday as pay at door. pls email
    me make sure amount how much costs each students and staffs so we can bring
    the money to pay together. pls email me sooner as we are working on
    students and collect the money to pay tickets. thanks,

So I corrected her on pricing and dates (but not grammer, punctuation or sentence structure) and then got the following response:

Yeah look computer it's open only Thursday to Sunday I now figure about bus bring us go there

This school sends kids every year and I'll certainly take the money, but gee whiz, it is not an English as a second language school! And we wonder why our kids don't seem to be getting an education? Go figure...

Now that I've got this out of my system, back to haunting! (or a rant about banks not facing bills)
    Last edited by Karl Fields; 10-19-2016, 01:28 AM.
    http://www.piratesofemerson.com

Hah hah hah. Probably typing on a smart phone.
    Still, I'd think a teacher would take some time to get it right.
    Fright In Falcon Haunted Maze
    http://frightinfalcon.com

Comment

I had to share this on my personal facebook page..

I know a lot of teachers and have a few in family. Just raise property taxes and throw more money at it. They get really upset when I let them rant on and on about Bush's "No Child Left Behind" then educate the educators on how it was REALLY Dem. Senator Ted Kennedy's baby and the process it came about with Bush inviting him to White House for movie night.

Wicked Farmer
      Last edited by wickedfarmer; 10-19-2016, 07:06 AM.

Comment

As a GYM teacher struggling to find a job....It is pretty embarrassing knowing there are teachers like that out there who can't take the time to write a proper email, or at least make a phone call.

Comment

I had a group come to our haunt last week with a teacher. She said we have 15 people so we’re eligible for the group discount, right. Yes, your group gets $2 off regular price, so your ticket price will be $18. I tell the cashier to give her the group the discount (we normally require one person to buy the tickets for the entire group to get the group rate) but I told her to go ahead and give each person in the group the discount since there were probably paying individually. Then I walked away thinking everything was ok. The teacher proceeds to hand the cashier $18 and asks for 15 tickets.

The cashier calls me back to the ticket booth on the radio. The teacher thought the entire group would get in for $18. I said “I’m sorry but that is $18 per person”. She looked at me like a deer in the headlights, but that’s what your person said on the phone. A group of 15 gets in for $18. I looked at her and said “think about it”, we sell tickets for $20 each. Why would I let an entire group of 15 people in for $18. She says, well that’s all I brought was $18. Oh and she wanted to by-pass the queue line too.

Needless to say, she wasn’t very happy and insisted that’s what my person who answers the phone told her. Even if he neglected to say that, which I’m sure he did say $18 each, I can’t help but think how could someone even think that made sense. Is it just me or doesn’t that sound rather stupid to you?

Kelly

Comment

Working...
          X