Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyway to have sound thru a haunt using an intercom system?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyway to have sound thru a haunt using an intercom system?

We are looking at getting a different building for our haunt. It was an old hospital with a working intercom system. What are some options for sound using this intercom system.
    Anyway to run seperate sounds to the rooms using this system but still use it as an intercom for emergency announcements if needed?

Depends on how the system was setup. If it was setup with a control panel and different wires to every room that it's just a matter of putting in new equipment at the head end. If the system is setup with only a single wire and it goes to every speaker (a 70V system) then you are probably only going to be able to use it as either an emergency system or a BGM system that has the same track throughout.

As for the interrupt for emergency announcements that's actually real simple and plenty of options to autoduck, a lot of powered mixers even have the option built in.

I design systems like this professionally feel free to contact me if interested in farming it out.

Comment

I'm not sure exactly what you're trying to accomplish here. Can you explain better? If you mean run your overall room sounds I think that is a bad idea. You want sounds that match the scenes you want a sound in every single room unique to the room.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President
      www.HalloweenProductions.com
      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
      X