What to do in St Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What to do in St Louis

Ok so its been a while since we(Lordgrimley.com) have been on here as we were dealing with the flood and moving back and forth. Every year we go to Transworld we usually do the Darkness and City Museum after hours. Having done the Darkness at least 5 times and professionally and personally not interested in escape rooms what other things are there to do close by to the convention center. I was hoping to do Creepyworld this year but just read that is not going to happen in 2017. Also a good restaurant close by would also help as we seem to gravitate to the same ones each year.
    Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Thank you for attending The Darkness five times. I will tell you come again because the stuff we're doing to The Darkness is going to be incredible. We're building out this really awesome que line. I don't think some people understand our que line was something like 4,000 square feet. We totally gutted it so when I keep saying que line I think people think we're aren't doing much.

To The Darkness itself...

1) We gutted over 4,000 square feet of space. Inside we are...
    A) Rebuilding an indoor que line that is smaller all one room which will include the following: Amazing detail, New Animations, Props
    B) The mass majority of that old 4000 square foot of space has been devoted to making The Darkness LONGER and includes: This new mummy scene where 5 mummy animations attack you at the same time, a new maze featuring some pretty awesome new props from ghost ride productions, plus animations from Unit 70.

2) Inside The Darkness itself we're installing a ton of new animations and every single animation we're installing will touch you. We're also moving a bunch of animations around so they get closer to you. Our goal is to make several of the animations in the haunt be on top of you or touch you. We don't want our actors touching you but we want our animations to get as close as possible.

3) Odds and ends we're redoing our monster museum to add a 3 minute escape (article about that in the next hauntworld magazine) and we're bringing back movie celebs so we'll be adding an autograph station. Plus we're going to have a ton of new retro style t-shirts and much more.

So in short (LOL) The Darkness will have this new interactive que line featuring a ton of giant animations from Unit 70. A new built out haunt section that wasn't there before because it was part of the waiting area. We have bought over $60,000 in new animations, and we're building over from scratch over 4,000 square feet of space.

So think about coming back... get your tickets at www.thedarkness.com

PS: I know you said you have no interest in escapes but let me tell you something... this new haunted hotel is the most elaborate haunted mansion style rooms we've ever built. I'm telling you its far beyond anything we've built because I figured well its small so why not go all out like it was some kind of 100 million dollar mansion/hotel. So seeing this escape or not will blow your mind. It will give you a whole new take on how to theme out a haunted mansion. Trust me on that one. The escapes will also includes interactive animations and video fx.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Okay here are things to do in St Louis... look no further my friend.

http://www.scarefest.com/st_louis_tourist_attractions

I was just looking this over and honestly it needs to be updated. But it does of a lot on the list. So after looking at the page before I posted this post I updated it somewhat.

But you'll pretty much find everything in one spot. This is a page I created on my website to help draw people to my haunts.

Clever little idea actually.

Larry
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

We usually stay at the Ren Grand/Marriott and try to look for things to do in addition to Transworld some look interesting some dont its a personal choice, this is what I have listed for this year?

Bridge Tap House & Winery (1004 Locust Street)
        Baileys Range Burgers & Shakes (920 Olive St near the above tap house)
        Lucas Park Grill (sometimes can get a groupon? Rib eye is great)
        Thaxon Speakeasy (1009 Olive St)
        Ted Drewes (Man Vs Food tv show)
        Shaved Duck (Man Vs Food)
        Candy Shop (Man vs food)
        Pappys BBQ
        Bogarts BBQ (was on Bizarre foods show)
        Grbic Bosnian restaurant (also on bizarre foods, suggested to try Sachai)
        Charly Gitos
        Billy Goat Chip company (groupon?)
        Mark Twain Museum
        Lewis & Clark Museum

There are a few things to do, some are only open during the day some are after hours. We are looking forward to the Thaxton SpeakEasy this year.

Comment

Don't go here.....

Please stay away from Pappy's BBQ. The line is horrendous literally wrapping around the inside of the building. The more of you who stay away the shorter the line is for me! I waited in line over half an hour before then watched things get crossed off the board as they ran out. First it was the brisket, then the ribs, then the chicken over a five minute period as I crept up to the order window. So close... yet too late. Hooters serves wings - go there!

Wicked Farmer

Comment

There is an Italian restaurant next to the Drury Inn at 711 North Broadway. The food is good and the service is friendly. Family style meals and reasonably priced. Also McCleads Landing is just a couple blocks from the convention center and they have a cluster of bars and restaurants. There's a pizza place, I think it is called Pie's across the street from the convention center along with a movie theatre. Just watch where you park and don't leave anything of value in sight, there have been a lot of cars broken into around the convention center. I've heard they are increasing security for the show, but don't be foolish and leave a laptop or bag in sight.

The Darkness has awesome tours planned and TW along with the HAA have events planned most nights.

Stop by the MHC bus tour booth (#15), we'll be handing out promotional materials and we'll have a video of the haunts on the tour. See you all soon,

Kelly

Comment

Steak

Carmine's Steak House
              20 South 4th St.
              St. Louis, MO 63102

Excellent food and service. Went twice last year.

Comment

I need to identify wicked farmer and get in line right before he does at Pappys and just buy everything Like last year

Comment

Looking for...

Looking for beaver traps. Leg holds style preferred. Please bring to St. Louis.

Wicked Farmer

Comment

I thought I had heard them all... I was mistaken

now thats funny

Comment

Last year we went to this place http://transportmuseumassociation.org/

I have to say it was pretty amazing. The place featured old trains, airplanes, to cars.

Highly suggested.

Comment

Funny you should mention that place about oh i don't know 3 months ago I tried to go there but it was closed. I've never been but I do know it was just taken over by a new foundation. They have a lot of really cool stuff there I want to go!!!! Larry
                        Larry Kirchner
                        President

Comment

Pappys running out

Ha I remember a couple years ago we waited over an hour, the ribs kept counting down. I got to the counter with only 2 racks left with people behind me begging me not to get the ribs. So sorry my friends!!!
                          Joe Phillips
                          The Shallow Grave
                          Winter Haven FL
                          http://www.theshallowgrave.com/

Comment

I do know this year to be prepared after so many getting sick on the Sunday last year. Almost could not get on my flight.
                            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

BTW, besides coming and see us at The Darkness or our Escape rooms www.thedarkness.com

There are two Blues games during the timeframe of the tradeshow.

23rd vs Vancover
                              25th vs Calgary

Just a thought... this is about roughly 3 minutes from the convention center.

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President

Comment

Working...
                              X