What to do in St Louis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.fabulousfox.com/events/detail/motown

This is also happening... I will tell you this Fox Theater here in St Louis is one of the coolest places for theater on PLANET EARTH!

Its AMAZING!

If you like PINK FLOYD this is going on

http://www.peabodyoperahouse.com/eve...l/brit-floyd-1

Also I would highly suggest you check out this area right here because its pretty awesome. Like Washington Street only 10 times cooler http://visittheloop.com/
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Never been to a hockey game. Thanks for the suggestion.

Comment

This is only our second year so we are hoping to get to do the Arch since it was closed for renovations last year. We were so disappointed last year! It was like Clark Griswold when he finally got to Wally World😂

The restaurant right about a block away was fantastic, I believe it was called Mango. There was also a sushi joint my husband and I went to almost every night. I have food allergies so unfortunately I cannot eat the "free" food offered at the parties and such. So we packed a lot of food in our bags and ate between seminars. We are bringing the whole family this year so I'm sure we will be venturing out more than last year. I also found a great bakery (allergy friendly) a few miles away called Whisk. Looking forward to hitting that place up again for some gluten free stuff.

Larry, my brother LOVES Brit Floyd. He would be sure be going to that if he were going on this trip with us.
        ~nail in the coffin~

**Crawford School of Terror**
        Connellsville, PA

Comment

I'm not sure if the Arch is still closed or not... I think its closed still. The Arch is undergoing this whole 300 million dollar renovation. You can't take a ride up to the top until sometime in March. And the museum below is also closed.

I honestly can't believe all these renovations aren't done yet... who knows when they will all be complete. Check back because it might be open by the time Transworld comes around but I don't know.

Larry Kirchner
          President

Comment

I guess social media is killing forums like these. Before Transworld this place use to be buzzing with threads.
            Lordgrimley.com for the very best items on the net.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimley View Post
              I guess social media is killing forums like these. Before Transworld this place use to be buzzing with threads.
              I guess so... Is there something on social media I'm missing out on? Haunters hangout is clutered to say the least.

Comment

Larry,

Haven't been on the forums in a while been busy working on things. I spent this AM looking for things to do in St Louis. I remember you mentioned a place called Soulards. I saw this article http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/m...40ca0298a.html

Which is why I jumped on the forums today. Did you see this? Isn't this around the area where Darkness is?

Comment

I think it happened Friday... keep in mind this is about a block from the darkness. When I drove up there was a zillion fire trucks. So yeah I saw it happen.

TRAGIC this was the favorite place to eat.

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President

Comment

As far as things to do, the botanical gardens are really cool. I very much enjoyed visiting it a couple years ago during the show. The Arch is very cool, I've done that a few times. Hopefully, it will be open this year. I've heard there is a good zoo kind of near the gardens, this year I very much hope to visit it. The City museum is pretty neat, but tough to navigate. And to be honest, some parts of it seem very unsafe so be careful, especially if you have young children.

I believe Six Flags opening weekend is during the show this year. I may try and hit that up to depending on the weather. I saw a little of it last year. It doesn't necessarily look like the greatest park but it is something to do.

I also think there is a science center somewhere nearby.

As far as places to eat, I really enjoyed Pappi's, PI, a place I think is called Rosalitta's, Flannery's, and Snarf's sandwich shop. Also, there is a little grocery store like a block or two from the convention center on I believe 9th and Olive. I usually get some fresh food from there.
                    Jared Layman

Comment

Working...
                    X