Uploaded New Photos of SiloX

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uploaded New Photos of SiloX

We have been working on SiloX for God knows how long...

I will be the first to admit my SiloX location was a laughing stock, compared to The Darkness. The problem was always the same... 45 days to put the whole massive 4 acre haunted scream park up and take it down after its done.

You spend so much time doing this that you can never really get any detail.

So last year we went to the owner of the property and offered more money to leave the show up, we barricaded the mazes in truck trailers.

It pretty much just say there all winter... however we did work on the haunted mansion facade off and on. I put my foot down on this attraction and said point blank... this event will be better than The Darkness.

Right now I'd have to say this is probably one of the best outdoor haunted events in the nation and last year I wouldn't have given it even a nod. We got rid of the Beast, and moved our trailer haunt up about 125 feet to make room for a REAL cornfield I wanted to plant.

Once we did this we put a team on working the beat up trailer haunt into a real haunted mansion. This took about $40,000.00 and 3 months to do. It now looks awesome! We even built out the center of the attraction into a tool shed, black maze and a pretty cool swamp.

So the mansion for the most part was done about 2 months ago. From there we worked on putting SiloX into shape... we've had about 6 people a day for 2 months work on nothing but SiloX. Its now as good if not better than the Darkness in so many ways its unreal.

We're almost done with Silox now, and then its onto working the Hayride into shape. We're planning on one pyro effect and a falling wall and a gunfight on the Hayride. Next year we're planning on working on NOTHING but the HAYRIDE to make it WORLD CLASS. But this year its just getting a make over.

Over all the new CREEPYWORLD is BORN...

It features FOUR major attractions including:

Silo-X
    Tombstone Haunted Hayride
    Hornbuckles Cornfield
    and
    Ravens Manor

Plus a food, gift shop, pumpkin patch, and much more.

Take a look at the photos here...
    http://www.hauntworld.com/gallery/th...lbum=70&page=3

There is two pages of them...look for the photos with LOW view counts. I will post more later.

Take care.
    Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Questions, Larry:

1) What did you use in and around the toilets to create commodes only nightmares are made of?

2) Could you give more details on your "Black Maze?" Details such as:

a. How large it is

b. Do you really submerge people in complete darkness throught the entire maze

c. Do you have actors inside the maze

d. Does it cause a throughput problem

I'm asking the questions about your black maze because we're having one this season and these are concerns of mine.

Thanks in advance!

Comment

Questions, Larry:

1) What did you use in and around the toilets to create commodes only nightmares are made of?

SPRAY FOAM. You can also hit that stuff when its wet with spray paint and you can melt it down the way you like it. It will also give it a glossy look if you spray paint it while its wet.

2) Could you give more details on your "Black Maze?" Details such as:

a. How large it is

1,000 square feet, its a confusing maze that is hard to find your way through. We've also built box in the middle that are four feet higher than the guests so the actors can scare the customers from the top of them.

b. Do you really submerge people in complete darkness throught the entire maze

Yes. We also have a maze like this inside SiloX. People get lost forever, really adds length onto the attraction. We might use lasers or something like that just depends.

c. Do you have actors inside the maze

Yes just one or two and sometimes with flashlights. They turn on the flashlights when they're scaring someone.

d. Does it cause a throughput problem

Yes. Don't do it at the start of the attraction. LOL

I'm asking the questions about your black maze because we're having one this season and these are concerns of mine.

Thanks in advance!
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Larry,

I thought that looked like Great Stuff on the toilets. LOL! We're creating a Lab scene with a Lab Bathroom and a place to "Deposit Specimens." Now, I know how I'm going to decorate it. Thanks!

I really, really appreciate your answers to my questions. Dark & Dank is the name of our mazes -- Two of them hooked together. They are complete opposites as Dark is..well, dark with plywood walls and Dank is lit up by strobes and walls framed with 2 x 4s and covered with a white Anti-Static Fire Retardant 6 mil Film. These mazes are the second attraction of our three, however, Dark is only 500+ square feet -- less footage for confusion. Dank is 800+, but with the strobes is obviously lit well for everyone to see where they are going. Although...I threw in a few extra twists and turns for confusion.

Again, thanks for your response, Larry!

Comment

Awesome photos Larry... I would love to come out and see the haunt, only if there was I way I could get out of work and school... hehehehe...-Tyler
          Chris Riehl
          Sales@spookyfinder.com
          (586)209-6935
          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Larry, the haunted mansion looks great since the last update photos I saw! Everything is coming along well! You've definitely put in a lot of man hours on that show! Continue to keep us updated! The progress photos are fun to follow!
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

This year i started building props for a cemetary that would be at the end of my haunt. Then i saw the new pictures of silox and got some really good ideas. So i decided to make a smaller graveyard and make a large area a toxic alien warzone/ military camp thing. I have a couple of questions.

what are some good costume ideas

how do you make the skeletons stand up and make them durable and aged looking

dont feel very trusting to pick up used 55 gallon drums , so is their any way to make them or something similiar

how do you get the glowing lights effect with different colors, and lasers

THANKS ,
              Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Looks awesome!

Comment

Ahhhh, Why can't I get corn to grow like that? This the second year I have tried to grow corn, last year it was in buckets. Ya that didn't work, this year I made a little cornfield and the corn is only about 6 inch high. The pumpkin patch looks like they may grow, will see. The haunts look great as always.
                  Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I'm learning more about corn than you can imagine! You have to keep it watered in the heat, other wise it will die. You can't water it during the day otherwise the water will cook the roots... blah, blah, blah!

LOL

Larry
                    Larry Kirchner
                    President

Comment

Very nice Larry!

I had commented a couple months back when the mansion facade was just being built, it looks very cool now its done being painted.

Those toilets are nasty too!

Comment

Working...
                      X