The COUNTRY is Getting Horror Crazy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The COUNTRY is Getting Horror Crazy!

I don't know if anyone has noticed like I have that the country is in a horror/thriller type mood right now. I don't know if it's a phase, but I certainly hope not.

For example, there has been a wave of quite a few horror surrounded movies and older, well known actors are getting into the act (pun intended) Actors such as Jim Carrey with Number 23, Nicolas Cage with Ghostrider and John Cusack with 1408.

NOW....
    JCPenney has gotten into the act! I just saw a commercial that made me laugh so hard my face is hurting. My back was to the TV, but it was the music and the sounds that made me turn around. What did I see?...... Several "normally dressed" teenagers hanging out at their school's lunch table when suddenly they are attacked by THOUSANDS of headless and shoeless clothes walking around like ZOMBIES! These Clothes Zombies forced the teenagers to run inside the school where there were more zombies waiting to attack. The teenagers are forced into a sports equipment room as the Clothes Zombies close in! THEY COVER THEM!....only to then straighten up, turn around and walk away -- leaving the teenagers dressed "hip" and "in style." LMAO!!!! It's a GREAT commercial -- the BEST I have ever seen! Check it out here:

http://www.jcpenneybts.com/#spots

I know that Larry launched a PR campaign for the country to take notice of Haunted Houses and that's wonderful because as it looks right now, they are primed and ready for anything entertaining in the horror genre.

I think you are right Empressnightshade, last year Walmart put out the Halloween stuff at the same time they did back to school, in years past they would wait untill after the back to school sale. Also they had a much bigger area of the store set a side for the Halloween stuff. I went into Michaels today and they already had their Halloween stuff out ( I love the Spooky Town collection) and at my work , we are getting in our Halloween stuff next week. Everyone is starting to get what we already knew, HALLOWEEN ROCKS!!!

ps. I saw that JCpenny ad and it was very funny.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I must have already missed Halloween around here because tommorrow in Mount Carroll, Illinois is "Christmas In July", Christmas decorations, a Santa horse-drawn ride in the downtown and Timber Lake Summer stock playhouse is putting on White Christmas.
      I just say "Bah! Hum a Bug!"

Some people don't like holidays spread all around the calender artificially.
      Some people even don't like a Haunted House OPEN in July!!!
      Sorry folks, it's just my addiction working. (Insert scary deep laugh here~)
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Yeah I saw that on tv a couple days ago. I do agree it is a cool commercial.
        ~Bill Mlinac
        The Deadland Haunted House
        www.facebook.com/Deadlandhauntedhouse
        www.Thedeadland.comsigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SomeThingInTheIce View Post
          I think you are right Empressnightshade, last year Walmart put out the Halloween stuff at the same time they did back to school, in years past they would wait untill after the back to school sale. Also they had a much bigger area of the store set a side for the Halloween stuff. I went into Michaels today and they already had their Halloween stuff out ( I love the Spooky Town collection) and at my work , we are getting in our Halloween stuff next week. Everyone is starting to get what we already knew, HALLOWEEN ROCKS!!!

ps. I saw that JCpenny ad and it was very funny.
          Spookytown is a great collection! I have quite a large collection now, I always look forward to the first week in July because that is when Michaels starts putting out their Halloween stuff.
          Jared Layman

Comment

I stopped by one of our local Walgreens yesterday and could not believe it. They had their "Back to School" aisle, and half of it was school supplies, the other half was gi-nor-mous boxes of Halloween candy. No other Halloween supplies, etc., but boxes of Halloween-packaged candy...in July. I was surprised. I actually stopped in my tracks and thought, "It's not September yet!" Nope, July. I don't know that I would want any candy at Halloween that was purchased in July. LOL.
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

I'll eat Halloween candy anytime, give me gumme spiders and Mary Janes !
              Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

I do hope this is not just a phase, hopefully I will get more horror movies at my local block busters, I already saw all the thriller/horror catalog and I still want more
                http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

I not an expert but I dont think it is a phase. I worked for a major movie rental companys Corporate office (redcrow just said their name above) for 9 years and I heard more than a few times that the "horror" film genre was the biggest. not sure if that means in number of films or in profit. I do know I have a gigantic pile of B horror movie screeners at home. the distributors give them to the company for their buyers to watch/review and deside how many to purchase for rental but they cant sell those screeners so they throw them out on the break room table for us to pick through for free.

I think your right though Empress, the horror stuff is really starting to go main stream and not just as B movies anymore.
                  www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

Working...
                  X