can't remember the name

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't remember the name

my friends and i have been trying to remember the name of a haunted house. we aren't too sure if it even still exisits. i was located somewhere in the saint louis MO area. it featured something like 10 floors, and if you made it all the way to the top you got a $100 prize, or a prize along those lines. if anyone knows if this haunted house still exists or if they know the name, or location please reply. thank you.

OMG! Will this ever go away? It does not exist. It never has. It's an urban myth.
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

hahahaha. Ohhh that makes me giggle everytime i hear it. Its kinda funny how many people have "friends" or know "someone" who has been there. ahhh funny stuff.

Comment

Hummmmmmmm
        I thought that was in the ATL.....
        or in Chicago or Detroit, I don't know I heard of so many shows like that in a row.

:roll:
        http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
        Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
        When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
        If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

YES IT DOES EXIST. and it's in Kentucky. It's called the PANIC ROOM, it's part of the Hustonville Haunted House. check it out at www.hauntman.com
          http://www.hustonville.com

Comment

It probably does exist but since it has such TREMENDOUS overhead (you know, like rent or purchase price, property taxes) and it's location is kept secret (have you seen any ads for them anywhere? No!) it must be owned by a VERY RICH, eccentric person, and they have kept it's location secret for at least ? 15? years , they will probably be keeping it's location secret for another 15 years.
            Of course maybe the location is kept secret because they actually never give anyone any money for completeing the imaginary "mission", and they are simply in the organ-harvesting business.
            Those darn aliens!
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Originally posted by Joedog
              Hummmmmmmm
              I thought that was in the ATL.....
              or in Chicago or Detroit, I don't know I heard of so many shows like that in a row.

:roll:
              I've actually heard there were 3 of them in Atlana lol. Maybe its a chain of haunted houses?

Comment

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/mayhem/haunted.asp
                If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

We'll let you know how it turns out, this will be the first year for the money back thing, so who knows, but it is bringing in a lot of interest from want to be visitors to the media, so we'll see what happens,
                  http://www.hustonville.com

Comment

Originally posted by hauntman
                    We'll let you know how it turns out, this will be the first year for the money back thing, so who knows, but it is bringing in a lot of interest from want to be visitors to the media, so we'll see what happens,
                    How are you doing it i mean how do they get their money back? I'm pretty sure Michigan has a money back haunt, the catch is you have to find some secret room. I don't know what it's called i want to say Fear Factory. Maybe Howie could help me out with the name seeing as he is a native Michigander.

Comment

theres a haunt called urban legends that does a moneyback thing... I dont know anything abou them other than that Chad Savage did their site....
                      www.Doomsdayproductions.com
                      www.RealmofTerror.com

Comment

As far as I know Urban Legends was the first haunt in the nation to try the idea. I suggested doing it in 2000 when I ran that haunt after having a bad year in 1999. It worked great the first 2 years. We saw a ton of customers. Then the novelty wore off. I am no longer involved with them but I don't think they offered the money back thing the last 2 or 3 years.

I think Fear Factory offers the same promotion now or a variation on it. Several haunts offered similar gimmicks after they saw the success we had with it. One haunt themed around Willy Wonka and offered a "Find the golden ticket" get your money back. Another offered a find the wizard and get a chance to win $1000.00. And a few others did the find the secret room and get your money back.

It seems once you come up with a winning formula, the competition always tries to steal the idea from you the next year. I have experienced it several times over my haunting career. It just goes with the business I guess.

The only thing I can say about the idea is that it is just a gimmick. In a new area if promoted well it will probably do well for a couple years than it will fade off.

Good luck to anyone who tries it,

Howie
                        Chris Riehl
                        Sales@spookyfinder.com
                        (586)209-6935
                        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I wonder how many customers are actually sucessful in getting their money back.

Comment

I can tell you that in 2000 we had just under 25,000 customers and if I remember correctly 2200 got their money back. In 2001 we saw a little over 19,000 and about 1800 got their money back. We had proof. When they found the room the monster inside wood take a Polaroid of the group holding a sign that said "We got our money back." Then they took it to the ticket window to get paid. We would then place their pic on a wall of fame near the entrance for everyone to see.

Howie
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I just don't understand the whole concept?
                              If everything is just all about "Money"? Why don't the haunt customers just stay home and save the money they would be spending to get to and go to see the haunt?
                              I think it sends the wrong message to the general public, if they think about it.
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X