Rewarding your volunteers/staff/cast & crew

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rewarding your volunteers/staff/cast & crew

For those of you who rely heavily on your volunteers, what kinds of things to do you to:

1) Recruit for new and more volunteers?
    2) Reward them for a job well done?
    3) Keep them interested?

We're always looking for new ways to keep everyone motivated and in line, what do you do?

-- I
    -------------------------------
    http://www.fx13studios.com

FOOD, got to feed them. Last year everyone got tee shirts we are thinking ball caps this year. We also put everyones name into a drawing and give out stuff, everyone gets something but I would say food, people will do anything for a good free meal. Also this year I was going to get some of those cheap coolers to hide by the actors and fill it with what they like. Some like water others gator aid or soda, snacks that they like. It makes it more like "This is my cooler" not every one likes the samethings so this way everyone is happy.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Thats great to hear about using food. thats what we are planning. So for the food cost could you get a local grocery store or pizza place to be a sponsor and provide the food in return for being added to your advertisements? Has anyone tried this?
      Last edited by lerandell; 07-31-2007, 10:30 PM.
      www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

Yes we have gotten sponsorships through local pizza parlors ect and they will give you a discount and work with you. Not to mention they Deliver!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Rewards and incentives should not just be for volunteers but paid actors as well. We employ about 25 actors a night. We supply food and drink, give out gift certificates, hotel stays, Deadly shirts and caps, horror movies and give out cash bonuses every night for the best actors. We also plan several social events through out the year. Annual picnic, movie nights etc.

Remember, no matter how great your haunt looks, if your actors suck so does your haunt. You have to keep them happy. We keep our actors year after year with very little turn over. Some have been with me for over 10 years. I think of them as my children and a lot of them call me dad.

Just my opinions,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
          Deadly Intentions Haunted House
          www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
          1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Working...
          X