Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Building a pallet maze, any suggestions?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We use a mix, of wood pallet's , OSB
    and 6x10 chain link fence panels.
    Ghoul Town

Comment

Originally posted by campdoc View Post
      We use a mix, of wood pallet's , OSB
      and 6x10 chain link fence panels.
      campdoc,

we were discussing this week about using chain link panels. Would you mind sharing how you make yours and how tall and wide they are?

Thanx!

Comment

The panels ,I build are 6' X 10' .6' feet tall'
        I start with a square frame of pipe, weld it up.
        attach the fence to the frame with clamps
        Once the panels are built.I use a Kennel clamp or (butterfly clamp)
        to attach the panels to each other, The butterfly clamps let you angle the
        panels left or right. Most of the fence parts ,come from Lowes,
        a roll of fence 6 x 100 runs about 82.00 . =10 panels
        "One big dog kennel..lol " The best thing about the panels is storage.
        Last year i had about 100 feet, this year, i hope to add 200 more feet.

mike
        Ghoul Town

Comment

Originally posted by campdoc View Post
          The panels ,I build are 6' X 10' .6' feet tall'
          I start with a square frame of pipe, weld it up.
          attach the fence to the frame with clamps

mike
          I don't think any of us have welding skills. Would it be taboo or a bad idea to build the frames from 2x4s?

Comment

"Give me 30min, I could teach you to weld..!"
            Or the other option, Lowes does offer a Aluminum Gate Corner.' 90 degree'
            You just slide in the pipe and bolt it up. I think they run about $ 2.50 each,
            Lowes and Home Depot,have a large hardware section for the chain link fence
            stuff, most of the time they have the How to papers to install fence. thats
            how i got started.
            Ghoul Town

Comment

using chain link fence....would save money????

Comment

Originally posted by bainer132 View Post
                using chain link fence....would save money????
                After I began adding up the prices of the gate corners, poles and clamps for each panel (We already have chain link), it seemed to be a big pricey to me, as well. I think we'll forgo the poles, gate corners and clamps and just make a regular wooden frame to attach the chain link to. Heck, I've even been thinking about using chicken wire in the place of the chain link.......

Comment

haha...what ever is cheaper let me know:]

Comment

Originally posted by bainer132 View Post
                    haha...what ever is cheaper let me know:]
                    bainer, if there's a cheaper yet safe route to go, I'm the one who will more than likely find it.

Comment

My problem with osb or like I call it SOB board is when you paint it. It eventually chips and falls apart in different pieces. So thats when it becomes a real pain in the behind. Yes its cheap, it may work well in a dark hall way? But then again people touch the walls to feel there way around. So they could get a splinter in there hand ect. Ya there are things you could coat it with and what not. But why not just buy plywood and skip on the extra work. I like detail and painting and ect in my haunt. Thats why I dont use osb. What works for some may not for others.
                      Damon
                      Damon Carson

Comment

EMP-

we did a chain link maze last year. We used 2x4 frames and attached the chain link to those with wire ties. it was very simple to build and after we put some fog and a couple different speed strobes it looked awesome! it really distored the guests and gave the walls a "melting" look to them. We dubbed it the acid trip room.

good luck to ya!

Sean
                        Sean De Wane
                        ----------------------------------------------
                        The De Wane Asylum
                        www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I can't think of what there called at the moment but it's a nail in the shape of a "U". These work AMAZING to attach chain link to a wood frame and are very durable.

Once you have all your chain link panels done... add fog, stobes, police beacons, loud sounds/music, and string yellow caution tape everywere; You'll have a winning haunt!!!

Don't forget to use chain link doors on swing hinges, just like in dog kennels. Use them to change pathways or block halls!!! -Tyler
                          Chris Riehl
                          Sales@spookyfinder.com
                          (586)209-6935
                          www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Well, I have time for now, but very little money. I have taken 20 pallets apart in two days and I plan on recontructing them much like a 2X4 and plywood wall panel. It will be very sturdy and to take care of splinter problems I am going to sand them and maybe cover them with cloth or cardboard before painting. I will try to get a pic of one of the panels when it is done to show how it looks. Oh BTW, they come apart much easier with a saw lol.
                            ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                            ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                            www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

I also wanted to point out a website a fellow haunter in Vermont showed me. It is the Vermont Business Materials Exchange. There are other states also. This site has businesses listing items for sale or for free like salvaged wood from demolitions and almost anything you can think of. I scored a pick-up truck loaf 2X4s and plywood. Today I plan on building several walls with tye plywood and also the pallets.
                              ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                              ^v^ ^v^ ^v^
                              www.facebook.com/DementiaHauntedHouse

Comment

Yeah. We have a place like that here in California called CALMAX. I've been on their list for several years, but my county rarely has anything useful on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X