Changing Portraits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Changing Portraits

Does anyone know where I could find changing portraits that DO require special lighting or batteries. Not the junky ones that appear to change when you walk by, I want the real thing.

you could do one by yourself using the pepper's ghost illusion.
    http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

changing portraits

The old way, before lenticular, is rear projection. I'm not aware of a bulk manufacturer of this effect (perhaps someone else does)... most do it themselves. Get rear projection material, and either use video of morph, or cross-fading slide projectors.
      Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
      Haunted Nashville
      Turbidite Manor

Comment

I was looking for the kind when you apply lighting to one side, it looks normal, though when you apply lighting to the other side the portrait "changes".

Comment

You can acheive this effect by using a material called "scrim". It a fabric that u can paint and when lit from the front you see the painted fabric, when lit from the back you see whats ever behind the fabric. This is was disney uses in their haunted mansion then the man turns into a skeleton.

hope this helps!

Sean
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

haunted mansion - scrims

No disrespect, but I have it on good authority that while the original morphing paintings were scrim, they have been changed out with special rear-projection material, treated to look like canvas... and they have always used rear-projected slides that cross-fade.
            Nathan P. Hamilton

Owner/Operator
            Haunted Nashville
            Turbidite Manor

Comment

I did not know of this change thanks for bringing it to my attention. Although for a money saving alternative to the projector scrim would work.

Sean
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

Working...
              X