Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Final scene

Another question....

As with every year, we try and change the last scene / scare to send em running out the door. We change it because we don't want anyone remembering what happens. So, any ideas? What has worked best for you?

We've done the chainsaw, the chalkboard, one year we even made a replica room of the first scene so the people thought they were back at the beginning. And then the "dummy" that was in the first scene was actually real in the last scene, and that got them pretty good.

Thanks.
    Slash
    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Drop a spiked celing from 12 feet down to 8 feet.

Comment

One of my favorite rooms to do at the end is what I call the "Exit/No Exit" room.Now,I do an outdoor haunt so my room is made with black plastic but you could make it work.Really,the only thing we do is make exit signs and hang them all over the walls.Each sign has an arrow on it but the arrows point in all different directions...left,right,up,down.We have the group enter with the lights off.When everyone is in,we hit the strobe light and fogger.We usually have a guy with a chainsaw who comes in the same door they just used , thus preventing them from trying to exit that way( but even if they did...it is held closed)My plastic walls are usually about 7ft high and I have actually seen a small woman jump over the top to get out...lol.I suppose if you could get your hands on some old used doors,this would work for an indoor haunt.Give them about 10 seconds in the room with the BOOGER of your choice,then,if they haven't yet found the exit,open the real door and chase them out.

Comment

Will do the 5 step final event stunt. the whispered boo behind the ear is frightfully effective...
        The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

If you really want them to forget what they have experienced within your place just install a 2 by 4 brain shelf across your exit door, about 5 foot five inches above the floor will do it for many.
          Don't forget to paint it flat black.
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I think the chaisaw chase at the end is truly classic for haunts.
            The Ultimate Horror Movie Battle Poll

Comment

For the finale of the terror trails that I designed in the past (and the one that I am presently involved with), we include my own personal "spin" on the usual chainsaw finale, which includes a chainsaw maniac but not before we introduce everyone to a few of his buddies....

First up, the customers encounter a gardener character (back to the audience) trimming the hedges with his motorized hedge trimmer. He turns around to reveal his hideous deformed face and goes after the customers. Next up around the corner is the grass cutter guy pushing a lawn mower (with the blade removed of course), who joins the guy with the motorozed hedge clipper. They keep pushing the customers out toward the exit to the attraction, only to be attacked on another side by the guy with the weed wacker (with the nylon "cutter" removed of course). Last but not least, since they are not expecting it at this point, comes our chainsaw maniac who joins up with his buddies for a grande assault on the customers.

Then once the customers have made their escape and they can actually see the end of the trail, we assault their senses one last time with the hidden, half life-size train front with bright lights and a real deisel horn that we push out of the woods toward them!

While the customers are expecting the chainsaw maniac to appear (what's a good haunt without one?!), we take it to the next level by adding a few other things that they were not expecting. We've gotten rave reviews, a lot of laughs along with the terror on the customer's faces when it comes to this very original ending! And the train gets them by surprise each and every time!
              The Haunter's Depot
              www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

I would like to be different. Instead of chasing with the old chainsaw(quite the phallic cymbol) I would have a cymbol and the whole drum set!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

chainsaw exit

if you still want to use the chainsaw but want a variation of the normal chainsaw chase here is something the local jaycees did:

the whole theme was old western- when of course they did not have chainsaws- so at the end they had some creepy guy with a sickle (?sicle?) and they walked beside them as they were exiting- people were not exteremely terrified but of course some were speed walking away- then the guy with the sickle says something like "walk three more steps and you have crossed back to the 21st century" then the tour guide said "they do'nt use sickles much in the 21st century" then right as the group and the creepy guy cross the line, the guy takes a chainsaw that was hidden behind a bush and starts it up, like the sickle has transformed into a modern day weapon. It was a really unique and terrifying illusion- ya gotta love those jaycees.
                  Ben
                  Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

Working...
                  X