• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unique Promotion

OK I got this email, haven't had time to confirm it:

Two moons on 27 August.

27th Aug the Whole World is waiting for Planet
    Mars which will be the brightest in the night sky starting August.
    It will look as large as the full moon to the naked eye.
    This will cultivate on Aug. 27 when Mars comes within 34.65M miles of
    earth.
    Be sure to watch the sky on Aug. 27 12:30 am.
    It will look like the earth has 2 moons.
    The next time Mars may come this close is in 2287.
    Share this with your friends as
    NO ONE ALIVE TODAY will ever see it again

If this is true think of the press you could generate?
    If anyone is open in August just find a sponsor that would tie in with the "moons"

On "Two Moon" Night offer 2 for 1 tickets with a receipt from you "Two Moon" Sponsor!!

Those of us not open, contact local press how this is an especially "Spooky Year" because of Two Moon August!

Just thinking outside the box......

Or at least hanging on the rim!!!!

Rich
    R&J Productions
    Las Vegas, NV
    www.LasVegasHaunts.com

This one has been going around for quite awhile and is like many other myths - mostly false based on a little truth:

http://www.snopes.com/science/mars.asp

Now if you wanted to tie it into a promotion based on urban legands that would be kind of cool...

Comment

Good thing this farse is going on in August rather than October. Be alot of sponsors and customers unhappy campers.
      Damon
      Damon Carson

Comment

I saw my first extremely large October crowds here that year I had sent a letter to The Chicago Tribune telling them about my haunted house that has seven physical levels and has the guaranteed I(but optional) scare package.
        I helped the house match this urban myth and have made quite afew believers from the skeptic crowds.
        Count them as they go by wine cellar, basement, first floor, second floor, attic, cupola, crashed UFO on the roof of the spaceship.
        I took several years of construction to making sure there would be no false advertising.

ADDITIONAL: Back to the Mars thing..info thanks to my geeky wife who is happy for the meteor shower this weekend....

Earth and Mars are converging for a close encounter in December 2007. NASA is taking advantage by launching a new mission to Mars--the Phoenix Lander. Phoenix will touch down on an arctic plain where it can dig into the ground and investigate layers of soil and ice, searching for, among other things, a habitable zone for primitive microbes. The launch window opens on August 3rd, so by the time the Perseids arrive Phoenix may be hurtling toward the Red Planet. Landing: late Spring 2008.

http://science.nasa.gov/headlines/y2...atperseids.htm (copy that link for info on the shower and where this quote came from)

So it is a nice bright little red speck in the sky...not a giant moon object, tho as interesting as that would look it would mean our deaths.
        Last edited by Jim Warfield; 08-11-2007, 12:52 AM.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
        X