Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In terms of Legality, What are some things Haunts can't do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes Jim the alleged rape was supposed to of happened in a bathroom. At least the girl claimed it was because she claimed she was in total dark and the back of her head hit a sink. And yes it is illegal to have cameras in public bathrooms or any bathroom period I guess unless it is your on personal bathroom. And really who wants to watch that. But anyway what I was saying Jim she claimed she was pulled from her group in the haunt then taken to this make believe bathroom and then raped. Which we all know this was a false report now. I was just saying if they had cameras in most areas of the haunt. Equipped with nightvision for total dark areas they could have pretty much pinpointed the time this occured and seen if this really happened or not. Im glad it didnt happen Edge of Hell is in my top 5 favorite haunted houses. Yours is too by the way Jim LOL! So keep those cameras going! Ha ha! And not in your bathroom!
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Comment

Of course when my one certain employee is here we wouldn't need cameras in the bathroom because he's watching them by looking straight up through the toilet. No, I don't have to pay him, he has some kind of a strange fetish or something?

One October a helper of mine accidently walked through the bathroom as a female customer was sitting on the toilet.
      I was about 15 feet away in the next room ,I heard the squak, she was mad, flustered, blustery, I calmly told her that it was no big deal.
      "What do you mean?"
      "All right Frank, tell her what your Dad does for a living."
      "My Dad's a gynecolgist." And he is!
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Heres one that any Firefighter knows... NEVER AND I MEAN NEVER POINT ANY AIR CHIZLE AT ANYONE. The chizle is using air pressure to work. Figure it this way what happens when u put a piece of paper in a straw and put pressure behind it... usually the piece of paper goes flying. Well same thing that chizle will Go flying at the person you are pointing it at. O and those safety springs on those guns are notorious to break. Also Air Chizles are made to have a load so firing it without it against anything will damage it.

P.S. Sorry for the spelling...
        5 years in the business and still ticking
        Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
        USSN

Comment

Air cannon thread

You might want to post that in the recent thread about air cannons also. I would assume that the posters aren't planning on shooting them towards anyone, but it never hurts to point that out.

Comment

Just releasing compressed air towards a dusty, dirty floor can put crud into people's eyes, not a pleasant experience!
            "Boy! That was FUN! Let's buy another ticket and go back in there, I've never intentionally had dirt forced into my eyes before!"
            hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Ive been to a house where the actor pointed the gun towards me and other customers. I informed their manager that that was severely dangerous but the manager shrugged it off. I guess the actor must of thought he was doing a good job when he pointed it at me i fell to the ground and started doing a low crawl.
              5 years in the business and still ticking
              Ive been through HELL on Earth. What can you do?
              USSN

Comment

I had a very good, regular patron who brought her friends here . One night a worker of mine brought a very realistic toy gun here and he stepped out from a doorway, pointed it at her head as she turned toward him (from very closeby) he said "BANG!" very loudly, she freaked, fell to the floor(much too late if the gun had been real and been fired) She never came back .
                When trying to compute income and potential income from scare-entertaining people do the rest of you who are not open year-round as I am, ever see how a happy customer keeps you financially going whereas an alienated one does nothing for you because they never come back, never bring their friends or relatives, all requiring you to spend alot more money to attract totally new customers?
                Unless you are located in a big city , you just might run out of "new" customers after a few years no matter what, of course you will run out of money first.
                Yes, I do use "guns" here but the way I do it I have never lost any customers because of it as far as I can tell. Starle, laugh, silliness, all is "forgiven" then.
                If someone's mind is unable to laugh then I sincerely apologise and attempt to mend that bridge. Customers are each "people", not just dollar signs. (It would be VERY difficult to scare or to entertain dollar signs anyway, now wouldn't it?)
                Give me People anyday!
                hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

So far, the fools who point fake guns at people in haunts have been lucky. Just imagine if the patron had been an off-duty cop. Their training is to stop the threat, whether by disarming the fool or shooting back. Plus pointing a gun at somebody, real gun or not, is armed assault and carries a stiff sentence with it.

Comment

As nutty as this is going to sound: I would lead a group up to a doorway, as they began walking away from me I would take a short cut (and I was younger and quicker then) getting into the next room ahead of them enough to take off the suit coat I was wearing, put on gloves, pick up a plastic MP-40 WW2 German machine gun, put on a plastic German helmet and a mask, climb up on a small round base about 18 inches tall and freeze my movement all Before they got there.
                    I would let them all see me and look me over for a minute, then I would slowly turn more toward the group but I kept the muzzle of the toy gun pointed downward, if I pulled it's trigger it made a stupid "Clicking" sound.
                    One night as I did all of this a customer spun to meet my statuesque character switching very quickly into a martial arts stance, bring his one hand into a quick but limited karate chop on the barrel of the plastic machine gun. (He didn't break the gun)
                    It was then when I noticed that on the blue coveralls he was wearing was a patch saying something about him being "Security" at a Nuke Plant!
                    Several years later some drunks were hassleing and insulting some female customers as they were done with their tour. When they finally realised that they were Not getting a tour of my place they began throwing full beer cans against the side of my house as hard as they could pitch them. The cops only caught one of them as they all quickly drove away, he ratted the rest out. This little drunken foray almost cost one guy his job and his upset wife, they were all nuke plant guards! Makes you sleep alittle lest restfull knowing this doesn't it?
                    I used to have people want to pay me to "Hide in the attic of the weekend rental cabin, then scare the hell out of my friend !"
                    "Does he have a heart condition? Does he carry a gun?'
                    "Boo!"
                    "BANG!"
                    No thanks, never took anyone up on this offer.
                    Why not?
                    "Boo-Bang!" that's why.
                    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

The only thing I've been told that I will never be allowed to have is a slide.

I don't understand why, they are in all our parks??!??
                      ~HauntedWebby~
                      www.lazarusmaze.com
                      www.bbqandghosts.com
                      "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Originally posted by Infoamtek View Post
                        So far, the fools who point fake guns at people in haunts have been lucky. Just imagine if the patron had been an off-duty cop. Their training is to stop the threat, whether by disarming the fool or shooting back. Plus pointing a gun at somebody, real gun or not, is armed assault and carries a stiff sentence with it.
                        After our first year some kids broke into the building. County Sheriff replied and didn't know the haunt was in the building. When we arrived at 4am we talked to a couple of the officers that had to clear the building to make sure no one else was in there. One explained that is was the worse clearing he had ever done. He almost shot a couple of things because he wasn't expecting to turn a corner as see something standing there.

Now we send them a book with the layout and pictures of what to expect. LOL
                        ~HauntedWebby~
                        www.lazarusmaze.com
                        www.bbqandghosts.com
                        "Doesn't expecting the unexpected make the unexpected the expected?"

Comment

Sort of like the bullet hole in a critter left and being guarded on the Transworld floor one night, it moved, it got shot.
                          Dam those slow air leaks!
                          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                          X