Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interlocking walls

Hi, Everybody,

Some time last year someone was selling haunted house wall panels which interlocked. When I asked about how they interlock I received a two word answer; "They interlock." Due to being obnoxious and arrogant, I know he'll never answer simple industry questions like mine and yet he advocates how helpful and all knowing he is in the industry. Could someone please tell me what 'interlocking' mechanism is used for interlocking wall panels? Thanx....

Steve....
    Last edited by Uptown Haunts; 08-14-2007, 05:28 PM. Reason: Typo correction
    UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Interlocking panels

Usually this is done with a double sided wall panel that the frame is off set so that on one side the lumber is recessed and on the other side it sticks out. The sticky outty part goes into the recessed part and then the screws are installed in the outside panels into the frame that has been inserted.

This may also be how walls assemble taller than 8 foot and how designs are carried somewhat seamless.

This is only one of many methods that full fills the definition of interlocking, There may also be harware that temporarily clamps units together, additional dowel pins and even structures the panels insert into between each panel.

Some extra work is required to make sure the panels are straight and square or they are a pain to go together. Little techniques of tailoring the edge that will be inserted into the next panel may also be used.
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Interlocking walls?
      Last edited by Bloodbath & Beyond; 08-15-2007, 05:23 AM.

Comment

Steve, I have heard of people using these http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coffin_lock to create quickly assembled interlocking walls. Personally I have always just used 3 screws and bunch of bracing. But my haunt is cheap, and putting those on 1300 or so walls wouldn't exactly be cost efficent.
        Brian Warner
        Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
        Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
        Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Thanx for your responses

Hi, Everybody,

The fella who was selling the wall panels claimed that they just "snapped" together and required no bracing. But, the ideas mentioned here and on HAM's message board are good ones too. We're all in this together. Keep those ideas coming....

Steve...
          UptownHaunts@aol.com

"Follow the Bloody Brick Road to Nightmare Village"

Comment

Working...
          X