PA haunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PA haunts

Hi, I was wondering, this Halloween what would be the best haunt to go to?
    Easter State Penn., Fright Factory, or Great Adventure's Fright Fest? I live in North Jersey and I've been to ESP but I heard that Fright Factory was good...and I do have a 6 Flags season pass (my first one, but never been to Fright Fest). But did something happen to Fright Factory? Because the website doesn't work and apparently it's not really listed on google.

Shocktoberfest

Check out Shocktoberfest! If you're coming from NJ it's a simple hop on the PA Turnpike. We just launched the 2007 web site announcing all the new attractions, including something that's never been done before: Text2Scream (tm).

Using your mobile phone, you control the scares!

http://www.shocktoberfest.com

Comment

I just checked it out. That Text2Scream seems interested and a good use of people's obsessive texting habits lol and good job with the nightclub. Who doesn't love a nightclub? ESPECIALLY a horror themed one (clubs during Halloween are always fun...girls can get away with skimpy outfits ) but in all seriousness I think I will check out Shocktoberfest. Maybe I'll just do all three since I've become a haunt nut, but I'm not sure if Fright Factory exists anymore...

By the way, at Shocktoberest, someone told me that there was a 4th attraction called warehouse or something...is that gone? Since it's not on the site?

Comment

Fright Factory

No we are still around we are revamping our website and also a lot of changes to
        the haunt -We were picked as one of the top 8 haunts in the US last year by the Travel Channel and the scariest in the tri-state area by the local Fox station . You can bet we will be back and if possible even scarier !!!!!

Comment

^OOOh good. Alright then I know the 3 haunts I'll be attending this October.

Comment

Zach,

I assume one of those will be Eastern State. You know it might be good for you to see a REAL prison for a change. But seriously, we have a new attraction called Lock Down and we have totally revamped the other four attractions. It should be a great year.

We'd actually like to take our All Haunt Field trip to Shock this year. I'll email Pat the date and details.

BB
            Brett Bertolino
            Terror Behind the Walls
            Eastern State Penitentiary Historic Site, Inc.
            www.TerrorBehindtheWalls.com
            www.EasternState.org

Comment

I have visited SFGrAdventure for their annual event but was not that impressed overall. It's OK.

I do concur with others (above) that you really should check out Shocktoberfest in Reading, Pennsylvania. I visit every other year and always have a great time. I work at another haunted attraction in Pennsylvania and although our event is very good (as are some of the other local haunts), Shocktoberfest is "the" haunt to visit. Lots to do, multiple events (the "atmosFEAR" in the Prison is truly outstanding), good food, and lots of surprises! Very original and unique!

Roy J. Brashears
              Haunted Ventures FX

www.HauntedVentures.com
              The Haunter's Depot
              www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Ok well I already planned my day of when I'm going (the 20th...which is Saturday).

I know Saturdays at ESP are $30 (but I'll have a coupon). But for Fright Factory, the website is still not up despite the event starting in 3 weeks and I don't know how much that is yet. Is there a price set that someone can tell me?

Comment

PA Haunts

Frightfactory will be $25.00 this year but if you go to Dave and Busters or any of the EB Games or Game Stops you can pick up special discount coupons -Come see us you won't be locked out but you will get lock jaw from screaming !!!!l

Comment

2 Best Haunts In Philly Area Pa

Biggest Bang For Your Buck, Most Attractions, Lots Of Detail, New Every Year, Great Actors, Etc...... Nightmare On Broad Street (a Show So Big It's In A 20,000 Seat Arena) Lynton V. Harris Production..... And.... The Bates Motel..... Randy Bates Has The Best Hayride I Have Ever Been On.. The Corn Maze Is Great And The Bates Hotel Itself Is One Of The Best Spookhouses I Have Ever Been In..... Forget Six Flags.(Jackson, NJ).... Horrible Hayride...blahhhhh.......generic Garbage...... Come To These 2 HAUNTS I Just Mentioned Above And Enjoy!!!!! Both Worth Every Penny....

Comment

^Someone I know told me last year that The Bates Motel wasn't all it's cracked up to be and it's a far drive for me, so I'm not gonna take the chance right now. When is Fright Factory's website gonna come up? I'm trying to get a solid group to come but they wanna see it first.

Comment

Hey guys! New problem and I need help on this one. I'm still going (I wouldnt miss it!) and now I have a solid group of about 6 people coming. The problem is MONEY. Well, it stems from money. First of all, Fright Factory is $25 for every night, unlike ESP.

Question
                        1) Where can I find coupons that discount the most on Fright Factory tickets?

2) If ESP is $25 on Friday and $30 on Saturday, does that mean that Saturdays are better? Is it scarier then or something? I wanna get the most I can get out of it. I came to that conclusion because I don't know any other reason for it to be, unless its because it's open an hour longer. If I go on Saturday, so far, with the ESP coupons it'll cost me $25 for ESP and hopefully there is a $5 off coupon for Fright Factotry somewhere?

3) I still have school on Friday. So, if I'm driving down to Philly and leave North Jersey (near Manhattan) at around 4 PM and get to Philly at 630 (I need to make some a stop along the way), the haunt starts at 7. Will tickets be all sold out for both of them by then? Will I be able to get both done? We're planning on going to ESP first and that can take up to 45 min. and then theres the line. And then we wanna get to Fright Factory. I'd like to go on Friday to save money, but Saturday gives me more time. Money is an issue here!

Or maybe there is somewhere else I can get discounted tickets? I'm not trying to be a cheat on these haunts. I love what they do but its hard to get it done and I'm not settling on just going to one of them.

Comment

Nightmare on Broad st - an event so big it sucked for three years and went under

Comment

^What? Ok.

Can anyone please answer my question above his post? Thanks. I'd REALLY appreciate it!

Comment

Well its been a week with no responses. I'm gonig down to Philly this friday. Anyone to ESP and/or Fright Factory this year yet? How are they?

This past sunday I happened to be in Philly for a college visit and figured I'd pick up the tickets for my friends and I. I had everything figured out. Then I got to the ticket booth and they said that they werent accepting their own coupons anymore. So how the hell can you advertise that with coupons that only work for 2 weeks of the event?! Seriously?

So I had to pay $25 a ticket. I was trying to spend under $50 on this trip but it looks like that wont happen. Not only that but I bought an extra one >:O so I gotta find a way to sell it! (anyone want it? 1 ticket, friday oct. 19th, $25, 8:30 time slot)

As for Fright Factory, we didn't get the tickets because we needed to leave. So, please, can someone who knows actually answer this. On a friday night, will I be able to get 4 tickets to a late Fright Factory, probably around 10-1030? Or will it all be sold out? Lines don't matter to me, just availability. Or should I go to their ticket booth as soon as I get in to the city?

And PLEASE can someone tell me if theres any way at all to save any money on Fright Factory tickets? It's not that I wanna find a cheap way out because I'm cheap, but because I'm very low on money and I've been waiting for this trip for a whole year now and I didn't want anything to go wrong, but of course it did. Is there any other way to get money off besides the $2 off coupon? Is it even gonna be worth my $23?

Thanks for any information!

Comment

Working...
                              X