party city's version / changing portrait

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• party city's version / changing portrait

So I was in Party City over the weekend and checking out the new halloween stuff for this year. I ran across an extremely cheesy version of a haunted changing portrait and couldnt stop laughing in the aisle.

oh wait.. i found it on their site. I dont remember seeing it last year.. so if this is old news then sorry.. but it definately gave me a chuckle.

http://www.partycity.com/cgi-bin/par...&originaltype=
    www.myspace.com/travis_magee

It's only $6.99 too - well all be. We've been getting ripped off this entire time by these guys and their fancy portraits. (ha-ha)

Just kidding of course.

Well it was bound to happen sooner or later.

How were the transitions, just curious.
    Steve Martini
    Screamline Studios
    www.screamlinestudios.com
    steve@screamlinestudios.com

Comment

it wasnt the rigid texture like on the good portraits. It was more like a smooth cardboard surface with a hologram for the faces , but you still had to angle the image for it to change.

it wasnt a very good transition. More like a on/off.

I remember someone posting a thread about the possibilty of seeing Ghoulish Gallery or Haunted Portraits in Spirits or Part City this year.
      well.... I guess you can say they have their own version now. haha .. too funny.

Comment

Looking at this portrait just amplifies the magnitude of excellence and quality of the "real" changing portraits!

Kel
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Today in Menards (Home Center/Lumber Yard) they had some changing portraits that were thin plastic with frame, one piece, real cartoonish, bright colors, one big change, nothing subtle or gradual about it, but then the old wiggle-picture technology was popular about 1960, one of the cigerette companys had billboards with a huge winking eye on the face(a photograph ) of someone. I think they were banned because the caused some wrecks along the freeway!
          The last blinking large eye like that I saw was circling the dirt track on the roof of a car! "Blink! Blink! Blink!"
          These things were either $2.99 or maybe $4.99? something like that?
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

"The last blinking large eye like that I saw was circling the dirt track on the roof of a car! "Blink! Blink! Blink!"

-classic.. haha

Comment

The scary part is that Dorian's skull grows larger than his actual head!

Comment

We got two changing portraits in at our Spirit Halloween Store $24.99 each.

Not bad, but still not the best of quality - but better than the Party City one!

Comment

and also the fact that the guy in the image has like a 5" long nose.

Comment

I saw a few at the Spirit store here in town and wasn't impressed with their versions...I just gotta say thank goodness for Tim at TGG.
                    www.mindseizure.com
                    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Would the ones found at Spirit Halloween be Gortraits?
                      The Haunter's Depot
                      www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

Great stuff love - I have a whole art room and am planning on adding at least one more just to vary the pace before I make them run another gauntlet. :lol:

Comment

Working...
                        X