Making Body Bags

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making Body Bags

I am in need for ideas on how to make body bags! Any ideas or previous experiences are greatly appreciated, anybody? My main concern is how to make them HEAVY! I would like for my patrons to walk through them kinda pushing them out of their way while hung from the celing. IDEAS???
    Chamber of Chills
    2 Story Haunted House

got the same problem you do,

let me know if you find any ideas.
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Older style body bags were made of a rubberized canvas with a long zipper, today replaced by plastic.
      Denium can be bought at fabric stores on sale for $3.00 a yard. I highly recommend gluing all seams together with Goop Glue instead of sewing , much quicker and as long as you don't get too skimpy with the bead of Goop it will be stronger.
      I fold over a half-inch edge, glue it, place steel bars on it , come back 90 minutes later and glue pieces together putting two half-folded edges together with more glue. This makes it stronger and looks better. Or use those little plastic spring clamps to hold things .
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Have you considered visiting your local Army-Navy Surplus store? Not necessarily just for the real thing, but possibly the very large duffel-like bags they have made from heavy canvas. I know we used to use them as equipment bags for sports. They may not be as large as the real thing, but they may suit your purpose.

Comment

is how you make the clear ones.

we want clear so that they can see the blood and stuff inside so they realize they are bodies hanging from the cieling
          Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Back in my Jaycees days, they used the large cardboard carpet rolls and padded them a bit. They wired them to beams and covered them in plastic (I wouldn't recommend plastic...unless you can find something fire rated). Granted, their hallway was pitch black, so you couldn't tell they were just lumpily covered cardboard rolls draped in plastic. They swung into people and were heavy, but padded enough that they weren't going to knock anyone unconcious.
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

That’s a good idea! Might have to see what I can dig up. The Army bags are good too. Man if they were clear, that would be the key to fright! Thanks to all, but I am still interested in hearing more.. ????? Come wit it!
              Chamber of Chills
              2 Story Haunted House

Comment

Originally posted by haunutmaster View Post
                I am in need for ideas on how to make body bags! Any ideas or previous experiences are greatly appreciated, anybody? My main concern is how to make them HEAVY! I would like for my patrons to walk through them kinda pushing them out of their way while hung from the celing. IDEAS???
                Hey HM

I'm not sure what your theme is or what sort of scene these will be hung in, but I do have a suggestion.

I wonder if the truly psychotic would have access to body bags? Or would take the time to find them. I think that a properly weighted body form wrapped in clear 9mil polly (or something with a better flame rating) then sealed & wrapped with duct tape would look just as convincing. The tape would be hastily applied, and naturally the forms would be pre-bloodied... (not sure that's really a word)

Good Luck.
                Aaron
                Braineater Productions
                Braineater Haunted House, Sidney B.C.

Comment

I did the same thing 2 years ago for my party. I had 6 bodies hanging down from the ceiling. People had to walk through them to get to the party area. It was awesome.

I went to my local store that sold mattresses. Mattresses come wrapped in clear strong plastic. You should be able to get the bags for free. I know I did cause all they were going to do was throw the plastic away. I believe I still have my bodies wrapped in te plastic.

Comment

Thanks for all the replys on this. (ideas continue to flow)
                    Chamber of Chills
                    2 Story Haunted House

Comment

were in the same boat. the carpet tubes are a good idea.
                      www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

I know Ghost Ride Productions sells body bags, not sure if you can get them for this season, but its worth a shot since its not something they have to make...

http://www.ghostride.com/products/misc/body-bags.html

They have both regular and clear ones...
                        Attached Files
                        Bill Rod.
                        Dark Tech Effects
                        Automated DMX Lighting
                        Show Control - Audio / Visual Effects

Comment

Working...
                        X