Car Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Crash

for one room in my haunt i am trying to do the effect were the truck looks like its coming right for them with its lights and horn balring.

Can anyone tell me where i can find a horn that sounds like a truck horn or car horn.
    thanks
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

besides the obvious...a car or truck at the scrap yard....Fright Props has a real loud horn

www.frightprops.com
    Greg Salyers
    Fear Entertainment

Comment

think those might be overkill for what im doing
      aalso above my price range,
      any other ideas

thanks
      Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

In the past, we used an actual car horn and headlights.
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

did you just get them at like a junkyard or did you buy new ones at like auto zone

Comment

We got them from a neighbor who was dismantling a car for parts. The junkyards here have them (horns) and usually part with them pretty cheap. Headlamp casings are fairly easy to get, too, just make sure you've got a decent bulb to put in and the wiring is functional.
            www.mindseizure.com
            www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Train Horn

My dad is a train geek, and got us a train horn. It was super loud, that people heard it outside. We had to muffle it, just so people would get hurt.

Comment

I car crash scene if the car is moving towards the people with digital sound and headlights, is VERY scary!

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President
                www.HalloweenProductions.com
                www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

For my pneumatic 18 wheel of death I used an air horn that I got for $10 at harbor freight. My headlights came from a junkyard. So only about $20 into for that.
                  Brian Warner
                  Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
                  Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
                  Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Get the wolo 4 in 1 siren, it has an air horn sound. It's $25 from northerntool.com
                    Slash
                    "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

we used an actual hearse for the same kind of scare, scene prop , ect ect, very effective if placed properly , but with some haunts its all about wall angles and blind spots distractions ect, sweet right , love it , anyway the coach was hooked up in the middle of a field which only powered the head lights horn and possibly other electronics in the vehicle cheap effective interesting worth it,
                      when god created light the first shadow was born

Comment

Working...
                      X