Music Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Music Poll

alright, got a poll what type of music do you think sets mood best for your average haunt
    loud rock music
    23.81%
    gothic quite (midnight syndicate type)
    61.90%
    scary movie theme songs
    0.00%
    other
    14.29%
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

i always like rock music but i feel it increases everyones adrenline too much and kind of prepes them for being scared,
    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

Rock music has been in our haunt for the past 7 years. We never have the haunted music playing. Since you mentioned that, It makes sense.. Hum (scratching my head) Maybe we need to re think it... Good post!
      Chamber of Chills
      2 Story Haunted House

Comment

yeah same with us too, but ours is for a party and it kinda gets people excited once we get people lining up and we are 15 minutes before we kill all the music for a minute or two and we switch to the midnight syndicate type music. works very well.

Comment

this is what your music choise comes down too

rock music will attract alot of people and get them excited, but it will also prepare them for the scares like i posted earlier.

midnight syndicate/ quite music will get tehm in the mood and cause your scare to be more effective a they will not be prepared, but it will not get people excited

scary movie theme songs will get some people excited but not everyone will recognize them,

i figure you can do something similiar to what i posted earlier by swithing, or using multiple but its all up to you

Comment

My experience....rock works best when used in conjunction with strobes, elevates the heart rate and helps to add to the confusion, however must be careful because if the music is too loud sometimes your customers will miss the scare. A good fright: customers enter from one side while the music is blaring and can't hear your actor get set. Cut the music at the exact time as your actor pops out with a chainsaw and 'rush' the customers. Make sure its in a 'confined' area, i.e. not much room for the customers to back up and blast your customers feet/lower leg with air. If done properly will feel as if the chainsaw just missed their legs.

Comment

Don't forget copyright licensing when playing any music. If you wish to go without licensing, contact the composers for permission or use local rock bands that are unsigned for original music of their own.
              The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

Working...
              X