Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tin foil room

Hi everyone,

I read somewhere on the internet a while back about "the tin foil effect." What you do is line all the walls in a small room with tin foil, cover it in tin foil, and when a strobe is on it, it appears that the walls are crawling. I'm thinking that would be awesome, if we put the patrons in a small room, mirrors on the ceiling, maybe that mirror plastic material on the floor, or just tin foil under plexiglass on the floor, and tin foil on all the walls. That would be really neat. Maybe even a guy wrapped in tin foil with a silver knife!

So has anyone done anything like that or at least along the lines of that? How did it turn out? I'm thinking it will be a great effect.
    Ben
    Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Once, years ago, a haunt I worked for did this. It really didn't quite get the effect they were looking for. I, honestly, thought it looked pretty cheesy.

We did a mylar maze last year, and it turned out ok - would've been better as a covered room. We had nurses similar to those from Silent Hill in there.

I guess it depends what you can afford material-wise, and what you plan to do in the room. Also, be sure to check with your fire department to see what they'll allow you to use...this year our fire dept. doesn't want us to use mylar.
    www.mindseizure.com
    www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

Tin Foil room.

We had a decorating group do a room with strobes and tin foil on the walls last year. They added a bunch of silver flexible duct going from wall to wall and of course it was cheesy but and a big butt, the appearence gave off the sense of hey, these guys are crazy enough to open hundreds of boxes of tin foil and put it on the walls? That's kind of wild and a lot of work, maybe we should be concerned about what else they have spent so much time obsessing over to scare us? I think they had a few strobes with a red and blue gels over them.

Also it is only one room out of how many? If you don't intentionally have a few poorly done rooms how are they going to distinguish a great room? Excuse #438

You could put up a sign that the folowing room will protect you from radio waves and alien mind control but, not from what is in there.

There is nothing wrong with aluminum foil unless your internal organs are fashioned from popping corn. There you have another theme idea. The Evil Orvile Redinbacher Room. Please send $25.
      sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Ha ha ha. Thanks for the "tips" of experience.
        Ben
        Haunted Hollows Co- Owner

Comment

did it and it wasn't bad....

We had everything silver, down to the silver chainsaw in the silver butcher block. There were two strobes alternating in flashing and an assortment of torture devices. We had it set up with bars as to make it look like the monster was in a cage. Just before they exited, the last 1/3 of the cage moved and it made it as the customers were in a cage. Strobes and tin foil...good idea on paper, but a headache for someone trying to work it.
          If murder is the ultimate expression of art, then I'm the Pablo Picasso of death! - RevCo

http://www.myspace.com/collateraldamageanddesign

http://www.scaredesigns.com

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post
            There is nothing wrong with aluminum foil unless your internal organs are fashioned from popping corn. There you have another theme idea. The Evil Orvile Redinbacher Room. Please send $25.
            LMAO! Ya know what.....
            That idea just might fly in our clown themed haunt. Just about every room is without humor and this would break the ice. What could be used as popcorn? Hmmmm.........

Comment

Fake popcorn

Styrofoam packaging peanuts? There are the styrene version and then alsa a biodegradeable type that disolves in water. Perhaps cut them to size and blow them out of cannons or have them flow out of tubes with "PopCorn" signs in clown script to pass the suggestion test?

Do you want butter on that?
              sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

A vision

All of a sudden I'm seeing clowns (and screaming about) pulling big levers with big labels on them that say butter, cheese topping, salt, or yet again some lactic acid has built up in my head?

This could get real freaky as there are fullsized popped corn monsters, puffy popcorn puppets, dancing snack bar containers and no, I do not do drugs, I was born like this.

Another vision: remember the theater scene in Gremlins? Popcorn buckets as hats with eyeholes cut out.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Greg Chrise View Post

Another vision: remember the theater scene in Gremlins? Popcorn buckets as hats with eyeholes cut out.
                  LOL! Now, that's hecka funny!

Comment

Did a tinfoil room as a kid in my frist haunt design at 11. Kitchen at a rec center. Had paper platers covered in tinfoil with two glued together like flying sdaucers, mountedon strings. Strobe light. Guy in there covered in tinfoil. Music soundtrack was The Wild Bull by Morton Subotnick. Actor kept leaving because he HATED the music track. I went through 4 actors that night in there. Always the soundtrack....
                    The word for the day is NPD. Check it out.

Comment

I know that this is completely off-topic, but please stop saying "neat". It's sooooo uncool. That's from like the 80's. And while I'm at it, don't say "lol" either. It's even worse. You guys are adults, and you look like loser teenagers when you write like that.

Just a lil' heads up
                      The Ultimate Horror Movie Battle Poll

Comment

Neat and LOL

These observations are freaking awesome.

I thought "Lil' heads up" might have been a bit too harsh as it lends to mid 80's corporate sports reference metaphorism. It kind of snuck in there rattleing a target audience.

At any rate, Welcome aboard. (I always hated that one)

I guess in the future we be coolin'.... cruising it old skool dreaming of paper plate and tin foil space ships. Better living through the wonders of science, many modern conveniences come from space shuttle technology only where people don't really die, all with an adult tone.

Leonard is that you?
                        sigpic

Comment

This thread is neat. lol

Comment

Originally posted by TheNightMare View Post
                            This thread is neat. lol
                            That as pretty funny. But don't let it happen again!
                            The Ultimate Horror Movie Battle Poll

Comment

Working...
                            X