• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kings Island's HALLOWEEN HAUNT!!!

Kings Island Upgrades FearFest to Halloween Haunt

Park to provide guests with bigger, better, badder, scarier experience
    this fall

KINGS ISLAND, Ohio - There's an all-new level of fear in town this October! The "Scare-Masters" from Knotts Berry Farm that originated and perfected theme park Halloween haunts are bringing a bigger, better, badder and scarier experience to Kings Island this fall. Nothing and no
    one is off limits!

Halloween Haunt at Kings Island will feature twice the number of monsters, a longer haunt time, new highly-intense and terrifying attractions including chain link mazes, frightening wooded trails,
    demented clowns in 3D, and some of the most hair-raising rides on the planet.

Gates to the underworld for Halloween Haunt will be open from 7 p.m. until 1 a.m. every Friday and Saturday night September 28 through October 27 and daily from 7 p.m. to midnight October 28-31.

Halloween Haunt will include graphic scenes, suggestive themes and intense imagery and is intended for mature audiences. Parents, please be advised.

Additional event information, including locations where tickets can be purchased, will be announced at a later date.

Scare Fairs are held every Friday and Saturday from 2-6 p.m. through September 8 at Kings Island. Ghouls and ghosts who transform the park from a sunny summer destination into the Midwest's largest and scariest haunted event can earn up to $10 per hour.

For Scare Fair information, contact the Kings Island Employment Office
    at (513) 754-5748 or visit www.pki.com/haunt.

----------------------------------------

Don't miss Haunt this year at Kings Island! I'll be there, stop by and say "AAAHHHHHHHHHH!!"... -Tyler
    Chris Riehl
    Sales@spookyfinder.com
    (586)209-6935
    www.spookyfinder.com

We built their 3D haunted house several years ago.

Hopefully we're going to be building one for ourselves next Halloween.

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

You also sold them the old Darkness for this year didn't you?

I know this year is going to be INSANE!!! I've been painting sets and getting props ready like crazy! Hope to see everyone there! -Tyler
      Chris Riehl
      Sales@spookyfinder.com
      (586)209-6935
      www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Just A Side Note...

Just for those that were wondering!

-----------------------------------------

This October, Kings Island will be transformed from a summer getaway into the biggest, baddest, most terrifying Halloween event in the mid-west: Halloween Haunt! Halloween Haunt is FREE with park admission and to season pass holders. It features terrifying new mazes, an amazing new R-rated show, and some of your favorite thrill rides! For a list of Halloween Haunt's attractions, go here:

http://www.pki.com/haunt

Halloween Haunt features graphic scenes and suggestive themes. It is NOT intended for children. Parents please be advised!

A warm-hearted employer seeks cold-blooded employees as Kings Island continues its search for SCAREactors for the Halloween Haunt event! Ghouls and ghosts who terrorize, petrify and repulse park guests can earn up to $10 per hour. Scare Fairs are being held Fridays and Saturdays from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Kings Island. For more information please contact the Kings Island Employment office at 513-754-5748 or go to PKI.com.

----------------------------------------------

So, if your attending or plan on attending Halloween Haunt at Kings Island... it IS FREE with your park admission! -Tyler
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

We assisted them with some pieces this season, and we are honored to be involved as always.
          Kevin R. Alvey
          info at gore-galore.com
          www.gore-galore.com
          www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
          www.youtube.com/goregalore13
          www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

That's cool... may I ask what you did with KI? -Tyler
            Chris Riehl
            Sales@spookyfinder.com
            (586)209-6935
            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I don't think they would mind us sharing this info.
              We did one of our 10' Reaper costumes for them.
              I am looking forward to getting their feedback about its performance.
              It is the lightest and easiest of all our larger costumes to use.
              And I love the way they look, I hope they do to.
              Kevin R. Alvey
              info at gore-galore.com
              www.gore-galore.com
              www.halloweenmusicgalore.com
              www.youtube.com/goregalore13
              www.facebook.com/goregalore

sigpic

Comment

Halloween Haunt?

Halloween Haunt "Just Bland" The trail part was about the most boring I have ever seen. With all the Hype and Adds saying how this is the best haunt ect...... I say "Dont Waste Your Money"Ohio has many good Haunts Land of Illusions,St Rita,The old school house,Dungeons of Delhi, and my fav Dead Acres to name a few. Not to say that many of the actors dont work hard or do a good job. Just that how and where the fund are spent and the lack of any kind of insight kills this place! Beware No Scare!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yeah, all I can say is that HAUNT will be very exciting this year! YAY!!! -Tyler
                  Last edited by Nightgore; 09-18-2008, 08:29 AM.
                  Chris Riehl
                  Sales@spookyfinder.com
                  (586)209-6935
                  www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I'll be checking it out on opening night. Havent been for several years, but I've heard its improved tons since then.

Comment

I went the last two years and it was LAME (and I'm not talking metallic fabric).
                      If I didn't have a free admission (season pass) I would have been VERY upset at what I got for thirty-some bucks.
                      The "new things" listed : chain link maze, 3-D haunt with clowns, wooded trails and intense rides are all the same ol' stuff from the last two years. So what is "NEW"?
                      I will go this year (free) and will be shocked if I don't see "Club Blood" (fear of sexually transitted diseases), Massacre Manor (An Easter pastel haunted house that Remax just can't seem to sell. I know I wouldn't give a nickle for it.), 3-D Clowns (we've all seen this five times), A train ride that goes 7 yards and then you have to get out and walk back to the park while nerds pop out from behind crates and say "Get Out" or something equally tacky. The Insane-psycho-prison-whatever (that would be the mirror/chainlink/strobelight/fog one. Cool effect-lousy actors) and the Western-converted- to -pirate haunt which, who knows, maybe will be converted to vampires this year? (same scares & scenes with minimal costume/prop switches)

Let's not forget the "R" rated show in the family theme park. And put it in the outdoor theater so little Bobby gets an eyeful as the family walks by. Whatever happened to Halloween themed magic show that appeal to all ages?

If this were a Jaycees haunt I would say "Okay", but this is a commercial Theme Park. Bump it up a few notches.

Comment

so this place is pretty much trying to copy knotts scary farm??

with cornstalkers, club blood. EVERY one of the haunts listed on the website is a haunt that used to be at knotts scary farm.

so its obviously not gonna be the best, because knotts scary farm, and universal steppe it up a notch and sold all the old outdated stuff to Kings Island.

At least all of the names are the same.

maybe thats the case, or maybe they actually thought of the names themselves. you never know....
                        Skidduhlicious

Comment

As I recall the cornstalkers or something like that were stuck in an area that you didn't just pass through, you had to stand in line and it was backed up so far that it wasn't worth my investigating. They have "fright zones" which is like putting up a flashing sign that says"Warning! Someone is gonna try to jump out and scare you right here!"
                          It would be more evffective to let actors blend into the environment and then pop out and scare, unexpectedly.

I would say this is Knotts in 1978, minus the good stage magic show.

Comment

John,

i completely agree with you.

im in southern california, so knotts is where i go.

since 1978, knotts has REALLY stepped up a few notches.

this year theyve got 13 mazes, 6 live shows, and much much more.

knotts too has scare zones, but they are nothing like King Islands, knotts has i think its 5 scare zones, plus monsters scaring in the area not classified as a scare zone.

knotts has the best sliders, no doubt, no one will EVER replace that.

they let there lines in as groups, not just crowd them all into one hallway and let 1 out of every people get scared.

thats like saying, OHHH go in our haunted house 50 times, and youll get scared once out of those 50 times, and thats a guarentee. oh jlly i think i might just wanna go wait in a 2 hour line 50 times so i can get scared once.

hahaha

anyways, good luck kings island, im just giving some suggestions, and hope your haunt turns out better this year then it did the years before!
                            Skidduhlicious

Comment

Actually, cornSTALKERS and Club Blood were created by Kings Island, and Knott's picked them up. Both KI and Knott's are owned by the same company, both have the companies best events and share designers.

Last year, the crew from Knott's went to Kings Island and chose 2 attractions that they would take to Knott's... this being cornSTALKERS and Club Blood!

Also, KI is in the process of getting it's demograph around the idea that HAUNT is a older-teen/adult event... it's IS NOT for kids. So, forgot about the "family" park during October, if you don't like it, don't go... simple as that!

I'm not defending KI here, because I agree... the event is very LAME! I've tried hard to give ideas, scares, possible themes, critiques, etc. etc. etc... but the thing with parks is NO ONE in charge is a haunter... just theater people trying to be scary; and it's LAME!!!

-Tyler
                              Chris Riehl
                              Sales@spookyfinder.com
                              (586)209-6935
                              www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Working...
                              X