Warnings and Home Owners Insurance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warnings and Home Owners Insurance

I have been doing up my front porch and front yard for years, but this year I am going bigger and doing up my back yard.

Now that I am going to have more people going through I am starting to wonder about putting up an enter at your own risk sign and wondering about insurance to cover my butt.

Does anybody know, or have a good resource on ways to keep me safe from people sueing me if they do something stupid, or if they get too scared?

I need assistance on a good sign to put up to say hey, you are going to get scared so don't blame us.

Also about insurance, would my home owners insurance cover it if someone were to trip and break their leg? Should I contact my insurance company and ask for more coverage on the nights I wish to run the haunted yard?

FYI I am not charging for it, I am doing it out of the kindness of my heart, and the enjoyment I get from scaring the piss out of those tough teenage boys who think "nothin' with scare me, I'm tough".
    www.walkthroughbedlam.com

People can sue you no matter what is going on in your yard. Someone who trips coming up to your door Trick-or-Treating because they see that you have a ghost hang in the tree out front or someone who trips because they see a whole lot of tomb stones and stuff. It will not change the fact that they triped in your yard. The only thing that changes is the number of people coming into your yard and what you have there that could hurt them. MAKE IT SAFE and keep a eye on them so that they don't do something dumb. In two nights we are shooting for 400 to 500 people per night. So I am hiring a off duty cop to keep the peace. As for your insurance , they will tell not to have anyone at any time come into your yard for any reason. I bet you did not know this but, if someone comes into your yard to say read the meter or is making a delivery and they get hurt from something that you have control over like a tree root that is sticking up they can sue you but, thats why you have insurance. Good luck and am sue everything will be find, just make it safe don't give anyone a reason.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Well that sucks...

Thanks for the heads up
      www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

I did ask my home owners insurance a long time ago about mine. She told me it would be covered just as if we were hosting a home party. I think it was mainly medical stuff.
        www.kellymanor.com - - - - - - - - www.myspace.com/kellymanor

Comment

I've been faced with the same problem since I've been setting up my yard.
          Easiest solution for me was to put up some type of temporary barrier fence and keep everyone on the street. Fortunately my yard is a side street so I just lineup the scare areas right along the street, maybe five feet in at most so my actors will pop out right in front of them. Static props and other visuals are further back
          to fill out the space.
          Really wanted to do a walk through this year, but the legal issues just don't make it worth while since I don't make any $$$ at this.

Chainsaw

Comment

Working...
          X