Halloween and horror related trivia

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween and horror related trivia

Hi Guys I need 30 Halloween and Horror related trivia questions for a radio promo and I was looking for something a little more challenging than the "Who played Freddy Kruger "type questions -any ideas

I started off with a couple simple ones and then got nasty. Everyonce in awhile there is an easier one as well.

1. Who directed Freaks?

2. How did the genre Gailli get its name?

3. Name the film released in 1932 that is reputed to be the original zombie film?

4. What was the first film which took a Historical and dramatic look at witchcraft based on trial records of the 15th and 16th centuries explored through artistic and documentary sequences?

5. Name the 1982 film directed by Amy Jones that featured its victims running around in negligees.

6. Name the ‘slasher’ film based on actual events and features a serial killer and rapist named Leonard.

7. What was Alan Park’s claim to fame? (Hint: was the premise for a 1996 movie featuring 19th century miners)

8. Who was the film Urban Flesh dedicated to?

9. What was the name of the pub where Shaun, Liz, Ed, Diane, David and Mary sought refuge?

10. Name the film that featured the tagline, “Sister, sister, oh so fair, why is there blood all over your hair?”.

11. Who or what was the killer in Cabin Fever?

12. On November 13th 1974 what address were the police called to?

13. In what movie featured ‘Baby’ dancing to the song Brick House.

14. What was the make and model of the car Christine?

15. Where was Vamprilla shipwrecked?

16. What was the name of the vampire dog in the movie from Dusk to Dawn?

a. Bonus Question? Who provided some of the growling noises for the vampire dog?

17. In Army of Darkness in what century did Ash find himself stranded in?

18. What 1980 film was also filmed on the same set as Lucio Fulci’s Zombie 2 (1979)?

19. In the movie My Boyfriends Back what does Johnny Dingo do to be re-united with his girlfriend?

20. What did actor Edwin Neal call a more miserable experience than his service in Vietnam?

21. Name the University that the girls went to in the movie Dead?

22. How much money did Marion Crane in the movie Psycho steal from her boss? Hint the same amount was involved in A Perfect Murder also featuring Viggo Mortensen.

23. What movie by Wes Craven was based on the film Jungfrukällan (1960) and featured the lines “How'd you like me to put my boot up your "a-s-s"... sideways? And Why don't you lay back and enjoy being inferior?”

24. In what film were zombies created as part of a mad scientist’s plans for world domination?

25. What film did the opening song in the Rocky Horror Picture show refer to? Hint: 1975) ("Science Fiction Double Feature"): "Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes, but passing them used lots of skill".

26. What film saved Frances Ford Coppola’s studio Zoetrope from bankruptcy in 1992 when they were 27 million in the red.

27. What now famous actress originally auditioned for a part in Toolbox Murders 1978 but was turned down because her voice was a problem?

28. Name the 1940’s movie and character (Hint it’s in the title) who could only be killed by Copperhead?

29. Who or what was Copperhead originally written for but the studio turned it down?

30. In a 1962 film by what did Satan never do?

31. What film featured an opening scene on the actual site of ancient Nineveh in Hatra, Iraq.

Bone appetite X

Try the horror sites - a bit of digging and you can get lots of great stuff.

Comment

Halloween Questions

Great questions can you supply the answers
      Thanks

Comment

That reminds me.... I have a Jeopardy like program that a friend produced for his business that I will be turning into a Monster Jeopardy type of game. I am hoping to release it by the end of the year!
        The Haunter's Depot
        www.HauntersDepot.com

The Haunter's Depot -- You Can Scare Them! We Can Help! (A division of Haunted Ventures FX.) We are your premier source for Halloween merchandise. Thousands of products available including costumes, masks, static and animated props, changing portraits, makeup supplies, special visual and audio effect equipment, glow necklaces, lightsticks, and MUCH more!

Comment

I love using quizes a promo and other little interactive features.

Of course I will post the answers ......

in a few days want to let you have fun with them first.

But then you should know the answers.... :wink:

Comment

There's a trivia game call "Goth" . I bought mine at a media store, I think
            it was "Hastings" . It has great Questions about movies, music, & death in general.

Comment

How disapointing that no one rose up out the ground and came up with some answers.....

Well here you are:

Who directed Freaks 1932?
              Tod Browning

How did the genre Gailli get its name?
              Italian word for yellow from yellow top novels for thrillers.

Name the film released in 1932 that is reputed to be the original zombie film?
              White Zombie

What was the first film which took a Historical and dramatic look at witchcraft based on trial records of the 15th and 16th centuries explored through artistic and documentary sequences?
              Haxan aka Witchcraft through the Ages 1922

Name the 1982 film directed by Amy Jones that featured its victims running around in negligees.
              Slumber Party Massacre

Name the ‘slasher’ film based on actual events and features a serial killer and rapist named Leonard.
              Scrapbook 2000 Director Eric Stanze

What was Alan Park’s claim to fame? (Hint: was the premise for a 1996 movie featuring 19th century miners) {Cannibal The Musical 1996)
              Only American to date ever tried and convicted of cannibalism

Who was the film Urban Flesh dedicated to?
              Lucio Fulci

What was the name of the pub where Shaun, Liz, Ed, Diane, David and Mary sought refuge?
              The Winchester Arms (Shaun of the Dead)

Name the film that featured the tagline, “Sister, sister, oh so fair, why is there blood all over your hair?”.
              What Ever Happened to Baby Jane?

Who or what was the killer in Cabin Fever?
              A mutant Virus

On November 13th 1974 what address were the police called to and what was the crime?
              112 Ocean Avenue, Amityville – murder of his parents

In what movie featured ‘Baby’ dancing to a song called Brick House by The Commodores.
              House of 1,000 corpses

What was the make and model of the car Christine in the 1983 film of the same name?
              1958 Plymouth Fury

Where was Vamprilla shipwrecked?
              Mars

What was the name of the vampire ‘dog/beast’ in the movie from Dusk to Dawn 1996? (character turned into beast)
              Sex machine

Bonus Question? Who provided some of the growling noises for the vampire dog?
              Director Robert Rodriguez's baby son who was just learning to talk.

In Army of Darkness in what century did Ash find himself stranded in?
              14th – 1300s

What 1980 film was also filmed on the same set as Lucio Fulci’s Zombie 2 (1979)?
              Zombi Holocaust 1979

In the movie My Boyfriends Back (1993) what does Johnny Dingo do to be re-united with his girlfriend?
              Becomes a flesh-eating zombie

What did actor Edwin Neal call a more miserable experience than his service in Vietnam?
              The making of the original Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)

Name the University that the girls went to in the movie Dead 1996?
              Castle University

How much money did Marion Crane in the movie Psycho steal from her boss? Hint the same amount was involved in A Perfect Murder also featuring Viggo Mortensen.
              $400,000

What movie by Wes Craven was based on the film Jungfrukällan (1960) and featured the lines “How'd you like me to put my boot up your ass... sideways? And “Why don't you lay back and enjoy being inferior?”
              The Last House on the Left (1972) by Wes Craven

In what film were zombies created as part of a mad scientist’s plans for world domination?
              Zombie Holocaust 1995 aka "Female Mercenaries on Zombie Island"

What film did the opening song in the Rocky Horror Picture show refer to? Hint: 1975) ("Science Fiction Double Feature"): "Dana Andrews said prunes gave him the runes, but passing them used lots of skill".
              Night of the Demon (1957) Directed by Jacques Tourneur

What film saved Frances Ford Coppola’s studio Zoetrope from bankruptcy in 1992 when they were 27 million in the red.
              Dracula (Bram Stokers)

What now famous actress originally auditioned for a part in Toolbox Murders (1978) but was turned down because her voice was a problem?
              Demi Moore

Name the 1940’s movie and character (Hint it’s in the title) who could only be killed by Copperhead?
              Dr Satan from The Mysterious Dr Satan 1940

Who or what was the part of Copperhead originally written for but the studio turned it down?
              Superman – the studio did not like the character Dr. Satan

In a 1962 film by what did Satan never do?
              Sleep - from Satan Never Sleeps

What film featured an opening scene on the actual site of ancient Nineveh in Hatra, Iraq.
              The Exorcist

Comment

Where is Borgo Pass and why should it be famous?

It is in Transylvania and is the location of Dracula's castle.
                http://www.myspace.com/joedog158
                Personal MySpace

My Mottos:
                When in doubt, get the hell out - Jason Hawes

Of all the things I have taught you, remember this:
                If you see me running, KEEP UP! - Joe Dog

Comment

Working...
                X