Halloween Remake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halloween Remake

I went to a special premier last night. Got free tickets, got ran through security with metal detectors. Was watched through the entire movie. Told to keep our cellphones off. And after all this you know what. The movie Sucked! Its nothing like the original. The acting is bad by most. Mainly Zombies, Sherre Moon and this Scout Taylor Compton. She is no Jamie lee Curtis much less Laurie Strode. They tried to switch up the story. Add a senseless sometime really stupid backstory. And then the ending is really bad. This movie is a nightmare to say the least. Zombie makes Michael scary again only in a more realistic way. No really unique ways of killing people just plain brutal. Its very gory with no suspense what so ever! Nothing like the original! Sorry but I hated it! Im a big fan of the original and I know they are trying to do something different but somethings you dont change! And they tried to change everything. Just when you thought something was going on like in the original and you got ready and were excited. Bam nothing a very big let down! I would give Halloween a 6 out 10 butcher knives. Go check it out. There might be something you like? But I wouldnt go see it again, and I got in free!
    Happy Halloween,
    Damon
    Damon Carson

Remakes are not ment to be exact copies of the original otherwise it would be pointless to remake it. It appears as if (which I could be wrong, I wont be seeing it until tonight) Zombie took the main "theme" of the original and turned it into his own story. It's not easy to remake a classic. I agree some classics (such as this) should be left alone but some people's creativity pushes them to attempt it.
    Sean De Wane
    ----------------------------------------------
    The De Wane Asylum
    www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

I have to agree with original post. I saw the movie as well and it was very bad. It was a downhill train wreck pretty much once he becomes an adult. I love the Halloween series, and I love Rob Zombie's films but this was pretty bad. I cringed during a lot off the scenes the last 40 minutes. Giving Michael a back story makes him less scary. People are going to either love it or hate it. I personally thought it was awful, but that is my opinion from a big Michael Myers fan. Other people may think different.

Comment

So it's just like the original! The original was horrible...

Oh look, he's killing people for no reason.... look, he can't die! WATCH OUT... he's wearing a mask and stabbing people to death! Damn, that's original!

Don't think I'm argueing with you, I'm not. I'm just saying that you've only seen it once and seems like you were "hassled" in order to see it. Go, see it again and try to pay attention to the small details! -Tyler

PS: The acting was awful in the original as well!
        Chris Riehl
        Sales@spookyfinder.com
        (586)209-6935
        www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

come on nightgore jamie Lee was amazing in the original! The "Scream Queen." I guess we all have our opinions.
          Sean De Wane
          ----------------------------------------------
          The De Wane Asylum
          www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

The original Halloween is hands down the best modern day horror movie. The acting was good for that type of movie in those days. Jamie Lee Curtis and Donald Pleasence were both very good. It was for sure one of the scariest horror movies ever. Remember, Halloween started the modern day slasher films. The rest that came after didn't even come close to the quality of Halloween.

I am going tomorrow to see the Rob Zombie version. I know it will not compare to John Carpenters version. But it is not supposed to. Even Rob Zombie says it's completely different. He loved the original and that was one of the biggest reasons he decided to do this movie. I am going in with an open mind, hoping not to be too disapointed. We will see.

Just my opinions,

Howie "Slobber" Erlich
            Deadly Intentions Haunted House
            www.deadlyintentionshaunt.com
            1986-1997 (Mutilation Mansion,) 1998 (Screamers Haunted House,) 1999 (Evil Intention Haunted House,) 2000-2001 Concept Creator/Business Partner (Urban Legends Haunted House,) 2002 Floor Plan Designer and Consultant for a (Haunted Barn) Owners had city challenges & were never able to open, 2002 Floor Plan Designer/Construction (Fright Nights Haunted House) 2003-2012 Now retired Owner (Deadly Intentions Haunted Attraction)

Comment

Howie you took the words right out of my mouth. Nightgore I dont know how much you know about horror but Halloween is the movie that started it all far as slasher films go. And it didnt do it with alot of gore! It did it with a well written script, an amazing cast with Jamie lee Curtis and Donald Pleasance and a great director John Carpenter. It was made on like $300.000 and was at its time the largest grossing independant film of all time. Its just Robs film doesnt do it justice. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I tried not to bash it too bad on here. I went in with an open mind when I saw it. I knew it wasnt going to be exact but it would have been better if it had some elements like the original. Its just this thing goes way out of what the original movie was all about. No suspense, nothing its like lets just let the camera roll and see what we end up with. Sorry I wont see this one again till it goes to video.
              Damon
              Damon Carson

Comment

IDK... After taking acting classes and working in professional theater, I'd like to think I've seen good acting. I don't think there was any in the original Halloween movie! -Tyler
                Chris Riehl
                Sales@spookyfinder.com
                (586)209-6935
                www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

Loved the original, did not like the remake.

I do like a lot of modern horror, I just don't think I like Rob Zombie's style of storytelling or cinematography.

And after 3 films now, okay, I get it.
                  White trash hillbillies are capable of insane amounts of cruelty.
                  I get it, I'm done. I don't need to see anything from him again, till he does something new.

make a movie where the bad guys wash their hair, and call me.

Gravely
                  Gravely MacCabre
                  aka Ricky Dick
                  Castle Blood Haunted Adventure Tour
                  and
                  Midnight Monster Hop
                  Horror Host Show

Beallsville, PA 15313
                  www.castleblood.com
                  www.midnightmonsterhop.com
                  www.myspace.com/midnightmonsterhop.com

Media Director for National Halloween Convention

http://www.halloweenshow.com
                  Lifetime achievement award winner
                  International Costumers Guild

Comment

I saw it tonight. We did a promo with the theater and had our hearse and all our slasher characters, Michael, Freddy, Jason, Pinhead out for pictures and to harass the crowd Leatherface and his chainsaw got the first peetality of the pre-season.

I liked the movie. It is very different from the original, but really good in it's own way. Much more gritty and real. I think Rob Zombie updated the story for a modern audience.

The original was great, but it wouldn't play so well to our current audiences. The current audience is numbed to the old style horror movie. They want lots of gore and intensity, we're talking about the Saw generation here...
                    Brett Hays, Director
                    Fear Fair
                    www.fearfair.com

Comment

WOW...I guess I'm not in the minority here but I thought the new Halloween movie ROCKED and ROLLED!

I loved the original and to this day feel its one of the best ever!

But Halloween by Rob Zombie in a lot of ways was much better, more brutal and more believable. I loved the whole back story part of the film, and the time Mike spends in the Aylum, it really builds up the villian pretty good.

The real difference between Rob Zombies Halloween and John Carpenters is that Mike is ONE MEAN MUTHER F*CKER! The mask is cooler, he is pissed off, and he's just ruthless!

Some of the things I didn't like was the whole Laurie charactor because she just didn't come across in this film. This movie was really about the killer, and the Lauri Stroad or however you spell it she's just like a blip in the film as are her friends. The minute they get into the movie they're wiped out.

You never really get to know Laurie like you did in the original film, as this movie isn't about her its about the DEVIL himself.

I liked the movie, despite some flaws back it really gave Myers a face, it gave him a back story and now you know where he's coming from. I also liked the fact that this time they don't have a small and wimpy Myers but a huge, mean ruthless killer!

I will say this... this Myers will kick the crap out of Freddy or Jason. He's mean and he's ruthless!

I liked it, no I loved it!

Do I like it better than the original....ahhhh who knows. Two totally different movies while two totally the same movies.

Different vision, different film, but still the same vision and the same film.

Who can forget the remake of Psycho...what a bummer that was. Even though this movie was a lot the same it was a lot different as well.

I liked it!

Again no loved it!

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President
                      www.HalloweenProductions.com
                      www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                      www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                      www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Myers was more brutal in this new movie and he certainly looked scary and intimidating with his size, but the acting did really suck. And like Ricky said, the White Trash thing is getting real old. He has no clue how to be edgy other than over the top brutality and smut, and writing lines where someone says 8 words and 7 of them were profane. To me that's lame. He seems like he's trying to be vulgar for the sake of being vulgar because he's not a good storyteller.

There were some scenes in the movie I liked, but it was still a forgettable film. I noticed they seem to have left one key character alive, so he will probably do another one.

John Carpenter created a mystique for the Halloween movies and the Character Michael Myers, and Rob Zombie didn't....

Allan

Comment

Halloween - remake

I did not like it. I agree with Gravely.

If Zombie is going to make any more movies he really needs to get a new cast....

using the same people over and over in each of his movies playing different roles isnt working.... and drop the obscene language spits - really unnecessary.

The original rocks!!

--

Comment

You could also same the same to Adam Sandler... damn it, get a new cast! -Tyler
                            Chris Riehl
                            Sales@spookyfinder.com
                            (586)209-6935
                            www.spookyfinder.com

Comment

I do agree that the movie really felt like his other two movies, being overly profane, and the casting was a bit off, her boyfriend treating her kids like that I just don't buy that. She's this hot baby stripper and he's this deadbeat abusive ugly old idiot. No way!

Yeah, yeah, I get it.

But c'mon this is a horror movie! And was it scary? I jumped three times and I never jump ever! Was Myers brutal? Did you buy the fact that Myers was a killer? Did you like the backstory?

I liked the backstory, the movie was scary and lets just admit it was there ever a better sequel to this franchise? Most of these Myers movies are freakin beyond stupid, cheese ball, laughable and beyond dumb. Atleast this movie make Myers out to be a real brutal killer!

Again despite its flaws I liked the movie. I don't think you could do a better job with creating a backstory for this guy, or making a scary HORROR movie!

LOL

Larry
                              Larry Kirchner
                              President
                              www.HalloweenProductions.com
                              www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                              www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                              www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Working...
                              X