Painting with black lite paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Painting with black lite paint

Is there any way or color that you can think of to paint something with UV paint and have the image ONLY seen when the customers put on the glasses. I know there is black lite paint that will only show up under black light, but I am talking about having the black light on, & then having them put on the glasses to see the image....
    www.atheateroflostsouls.com Or if you need makeup or supplies www.abramagic.com

"I am a frickin evil genius who deserves some frickin respect!"

Glasses

The same people that make chromadepth glasses (www.3dglassesonline.com) aka American Paper Optics, Inc, make a two lense set of glasses that the secret message or image appears only with the glasses. It ends up being a red image on a light back ground and requires no special lighting.

It has been used in advertising and novelties like look through the red plastic and see the secret code or image. It could be done large maybe but I think it is a photgraphic process of pixels hidden among so many other pixels, hence good for a small hand held object or magazine print. At least this is the modern version.

I'm sure something big could be printed or perhaps hidden in a big LCD? It sounds expensive though.

Similarly with some experimenting, blood splatters might not show up in the dark with out glasses to see what the infared bulbs are illuminating or a large image just painted in the dark? Or some cryptic message or make up?

The WWII version of Light Amplification Systems (LAS)

The eye does not distinguish infared without red filter lenses. I don't know how to do any complicated images just with glasses on or off. Even one color though can be pretty dramatically airbrushed to various values and be a startling image?
    sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Advice: Avoid painting black lite paint while consuming Bud Lite.
      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

It really is difficult to work under too many Bud Lites. Colors tend to run, or blurr, your pants can get wet without knowing it. It tends to make less attractive women more beautiful. Weve all been there havent we Jim?! Ha Ha Ha!
        Damon
        Damon Carson

Comment

Well, that's an easy question, there is one technological way and the other one for contrast, none of both involve 3D glasses perse.

The technological would involve a virtual reality helmet/visor and it's obvious the reason because you couldn't see the stuff with the glasses on. The other way is through contrast; the principle is this: you paint a very subttle blue line on a wall of red lines which break the line perimeter and cammouflage it so it doesn't look through normal eyes (it'll work anyway with a common red solid background, but in order to dissimulate the blue line red lines are better). Then you put a red glasses on (like 3D glasses, just both red lenses) and voilá, the red background merge behind the glasses and the blue line becomes visible. Besides that there is not another thing that I know of, except Greg's way (a couple of posts above) but I don't know if infrareds can actually be made visible without non-electronic glasses, after all IR is way out of our visible spectre, not as far as MW but we just don't have visual receptors for that wavelenght. I mean, we can't see UV either, that's wht black light is so dark, because the film that covers the fluorescent light tubes filters it and all you can see are the purple leftover. The UV paint is nothing more than phosphor or other element like it (a light isotobe in the case of the 'glow in the dark' stuff), So IMHO I don't think that the fact that you filther the IR photons through a colored lens will make it more visible. Of course I've been wrong before and I could be wrong now, and if I am in a fact wrong, if this glasses exist this is what you could do:

buy a bunch of IR leds (light emiting diodes) and make a flash light, focus it on a canvas (and this is important) a canvas that DO NOT REFLECT THE IR RAYS, this means that the canvas must absorb infra red light, in contrast, you must paint the image on this canvas with a paint that DO REFLECT IR RAYS but matches the color of your canvas... finally you put the glasses on, turn on your IR led lamp and enjoy the show.

-WARNING- The Infra Red rays are also known as HEAT, if you irradiate a surface that absorbs this kind of light, sooner or later it will catch on fire, or, if you are lucky it will just overheat and peel. So, watch out which materials you use for this.
          http://www.redcrowdesign.net

Comment

Infared

Infared is an emitted light wave that simply needs a red filter lense to see. Case in point, a World War 2 jeep or truck had sometimes a red spotlight that when the glasses were worn would highlight shapes or in reality the location of the streets running at night.

In modern day there are street lights to screw this effect up.

There are quite common Infared sources these days. The easiest being the cameras that can see in the dark. Not only are they being used to monitor something but, with infared lenses on, your eye sees like the camera view appears on the monitor. No electronics on the glasses what so ever.

Common sources would be ( or used to be ) novelty advertisements in the back of comic books, Popular Mechanics magazine, Soldier of Fortune Magazine (mercenary addition)

The fine line with infared is that other amient light kills the sensitivity in the through your eye version and finding light sources powerful enough to see an image with out keeping food hot in the buffet line is not so common.

Things used to be 6 Volt heavy amperage.

In practice the room with out glasses is just plain dark but comes to life with the lenses that pick up the infared reflections.

Now light amplification IS electronic. It uses the sensitivity of the night vision camera element and turns it into a digital picture just before your eye.

So what are we trying to do anyhow? See a monster or find the marked cards?
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
            X