Any Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Suggestions

I have a Haunted Forest and would like to make Jeepers Creepers Fly Safely this year, does anyone have any suggestions?(hopefully that i can afford)

Huh? Perhaps it's just me, but I don't fully understand your question. Are you looking for an actor-on-a-zipline thing?
    ----
    Your Pain, My Thrill...
    Steve
    Haunted Mines - Colorado Springs
    http://HauntedMines.org

Comment

Who or what is Jeepers Creepers?

Is this something to fly from one end of the forest to the other? Or does it need to fly around in circles? Or does it need to take off from the ground and up into the sky?

Please explain what you are wanting to do so that we may help you better.
      Steven
      Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

what i would like a actor to do is kinda like swoop down out of the sky in the middle of the trail at the crowd and swoop back up in front of them. If that makes any sense.

Comment

Maybe a Bungee cord set up..
          Ghoul Town

Comment

Magnets!! Lots and lots of magnets!!!
            Steven

Comment

There you go getting me all excited!
              I asumed "making Jeepers Creepers fly " meant you were swooping a 1949 Chevy cab-over truck! Now this would be really scary and neat!
              Not long after that movie was out I was parked at a McDonalds and a kid told his brother,"There's that "car" from Jeepers Creepers!".....I drive a 1989 Olds station Wagon!?
              It has a monsterous face where the grill used to be and moving arms on the hood but other than these features (which the movie truck did not have) that kid has quite a wild imagination to make the visual leap!!
              (Aren't people fun!)
              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Nopt the swooping thing, but kinda close....

Do the bungee extractor:

Actor in harness on bungee cord. Actor starts with cord stretched, holding him/herself down with feet hooked under something ground mounted (like a sturdy root). People approach, actor gets their attention, lets their feet slip out, and zing-oo, the shoot up up and away.

Be sure the bungee pulls them a bit lateral, not straight up, so they spring land into a safe area behind a wall and can hook down over there. Ya don't want 'em landing on top of a guest's head!

Never tried it myself, but I saw it done at Scream Park in Brighton, CO.
                ----
                Your Pain, My Thrill...
                Steve
                Haunted Mines - Colorado Springs
                http://HauntedMines.org

Comment

Or do the bunge a safer way. Attach it to your pants and let the bunge yank your pants down surprisingly quickly, terrorising everyone, including you!
                  hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

What ever happened to the good ole days of just using a jet pack?
                    Steven

Comment

There you go!
                      A maniac running around with a phoney, dangerous looking "Jet Pack" on his back would scare many!
                      A curl of smoke coming from it, a helmet with a radio antenna as he keeps begging for "Permission to take off!" Then the security guard sees him and says, "Hey You!" and the chase begins!
                      They run behind a small hill, then a sky rocket fireworks is launched accompanied by his scream!
                      hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

I know there is a bungee system you could buy that would work out good for you. I dont rememeber the company that was selling it but I do recall seeing it at Transworld. I will take a look through my stuff and see if I grab a card or not..
                        David "Pug" DeChamps
                        Owner of Unlucky 13 Haunted Design

Comment

http://www.studiotek-fx.com/slingshot.html
                          Kevin
                          MindWerxKMG, LLC

Comment

Working...
                          X