Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Not going to Vegas in 2008. Where should I go instead?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not going to Vegas in 2008. Where should I go instead?

I cannot make the Transworld show now that it has moved to Vegas. What would be a good show to go to instead? Sorry for the dumb question!
    Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
    True Adventures, Ltd.

MidWest Haunters Convention
    Last edited by Frighteners Entertainment; 09-06-2007, 12:08 AM.
    Thanks, Jeff
    www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
    www.HauntForum.com
    www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

Thanks for the plug Jeff! To correct your link try www.midwesthauntersconvention.com .

We realized early on that with Transworld moving to Vegas and Hauntcon being in Houston, that it was going to be a unique opportunity for MHC. Plans are already under way to offer an event that builds upon the show that so many people enjoyed this year. While the website still reflects the '07 show, rest assured we are working hard to make '08 even better. The one big change will be the venue - The Greater Columbus Convention Center, where we will have a 25,000 square foot tradeshow floor with 100 vendor spaces and is already 20% sold!

We will be sure to keep everybody up to date as more plans become finalized.

Barry

Comment

yeap, quick post with a default....glad you caught it Barry.
        I'm fixed! lol
        Thanks, Jeff
        www.thefrighteners.com

www.IronStock.com
        www.HauntForum.com
        www.MidWestHauntersConvention.com

Comment

www.midwesthauntersconvention.com
          Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Thanks for the info. I have been to a few conventions at that venue, and it is a nice and big location. I will probably attend.

My one problem is that my event is in August, and hitting Transworld in March was great timing for my development schedule. Is there any Spring Cons to check out as well?

Thank you again.
            Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
            True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

HaunT Con

Another good show to go to is Haunt Con, I believe it is back in Texas this year. Not as many vendors as there are at Trans World but still worth checking out. They also have pre-show trips that are a great way to see some cool Haunts with fellow Haunters! Hope that helps.
              Beast Wishes Always,
              De-Composer Frank Petruccelli

Music To Die For

Comment

Go to Chicago anyway in March. Then go to Mt Carrol to the Ravens Grin Inn. Almost as much fun as going to the Halloween show and avoid the crowds!
                Damon
                Damon Carson

Comment

Why can't you go to Vegas? Do you have something to do on those same dates?

I do not understand why you can't make the show in Vegas?

Larry
                  Larry Kirchner
                  President
                  www.HalloweenProductions.com
                  www.BlacklightAttractions.com
                  www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
                  www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Comment

Originally posted by drfrightner View Post
                    Why can't you go to Vegas? Do you have something to do on those same dates?

I do not understand why you can't make the show in Vegas?

Larry

I cannot afford it. There are about 5 of us who do all the props, sets and SFX for our event -- and I can't afford to fly all 5 of us out to Vegas. The Chicago show was a great place we could all drive to -- see some cool exhibits, attend some seminars/workshops, brainstorm some great ideas, and plan our purchases. It worked great for our August event.

I could go to Vegas alone, but the trip would have little value without the Crew coming along.
                    Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
                    True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

Originally posted by TrueDungeon View Post
                      I cannot afford it. There are about 5 of us who do all the props, sets and SFX for our event -- and I can't afford to fly all 5 of us out to Vegas. The Chicago show was a great place we could all drive to -- see some cool exhibits, attend some seminars/workshops, brainstorm some great ideas, and plan our purchases. It worked great for our August event.

I could go to Vegas alone, but the trip would have little value without the Crew coming along.
                      We are in the same boat. I totally agree that it's difficult to get the full effect of something without brainstorming with your tech and design group. Even bringing back photo's and video's just isn't quite the same. This is the same reason why we've never made it to Hauntcon.
                      -Brandon Kelm
                      Operations Manager & Technical Director

sigpic

Comment

Man...I really want to go to this...but I would feel guilty without the guys.

Maybe I can win our plane tickets home at the blackjack table?
                        Jeff Martin

Owner/CEO
                        True Adventures, Ltd.

Comment

Chicago

We always went to Rosemont. Was there last weekend for a Chevy Vette Fest and was sad that we weren't going to be back for the Halloween Show. Doubt that we will ever make the Vegas show due to cost.
                          Do you think people will be out gambling more than buying at the show?
                          Rather have it at Chicago but l'm sure l'm a minority on this

Comment

No your not the minority

I wish transworld would stay in Chicago. My husband's family are from
                            Mt. Carroll the same place Ravin's Grin is located and this was going to
                            be the year we were going to go to stay with his family and then drive
                            up to Transworld but sadly thats not going to happen.
                            I have never been to Las Vegas and I do not think I will ever go there.

Kimmy
                            Come Scream with us at SCREAM FARM

Comment

Yes, Kimmy, the Ravens Grin bus from Los Vegas will be a pricey ticket this time, the trip back to Vegas will seem to take forever won't it!
                              One thing I know about Los Vegas, never go swimming in a pool with large amounts of cash on you! Look what happened to that nice Presley boy when he went swimming there! Lost all his money!
                              hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Working...
                              X