Population

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Population

Hey there. I might be doing a haunt in 2008, possibly a charity haunt, and was wondering, if a population of a little over 10,000 people is enough for a haunt. There are about 800,000 people surrounding my town. Also, how big of a building would be good for a haunt. There is a space in a strip mall that has been for lease for about 2 or 3 years. I think it is 5000 sq. feet. What are your thoughts?

Thank you,

Dustyn
    ________
    DR750SE
    Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:11 AM.

I don't believe you have to have a great population in your immediate area in order to have a haunt. Haunted houses usually only happen once a year (except those who are open year round), and people will drive a good distance to see a haunted house. I live in Minot, North Dakota, where we have a population of about 35-thousand, with an air base fifteen miles away with alot more people. There is a small town about forty miles away from the air base that has a population of a couple hundred. Someone opened a haunted hotel there. The first year they claim to have had over one-thousand people visit (which I can hardly believe, cause we did tons of advertising and pulled less than half of that in town). The second year they did not do so great and happened to close a few weeks early.

Wow....I got off topic.....

Anyways....There are a few haunts out there that are in rural areas, who do happen to draw a good crowd. Pay attention to how you do your advertising in those areas. A poster in the local convenience store can do wonders. Since Halloween only comes once per year (everyday at my house), people are willing to drive the extra distance to see a good haunted house.
    Steven
    Rolling Thunder Productions

A Tisket A Tasket, They Put Me In This Casket!!

Comment

Personally I like the Million people within 60 minute rule, as posted above, people will drive for a good haunt but the majority of people dont want to drive over a hour away, especially these days with the cost of fuel. Anyway the way I see it is, if you pull just ONE PERCENT of the surrounding million, Your haunt will do ok.
      Of course Im talking out my butt right now because our new location falls short of that but within 60 minutes there are 60 colleges, 100's of high schools, and a major city that alone houses a million people is 90 minutes away, not to mention within the hour drive we are in 3 states. 2008 will tell the tale though. good luck with your event and wish us luck with ours!
      Buried deep beneath Darksyde acres Haunted house In Michigan I'm the Best at what I do, What I do Isn't very NICE!

Comment

Working...
      X