Haunted house at a country club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haunted house at a country club

I am an Atlanta Event planner and I'm creating for a haunted house at a country club. It will be formatted as a maze with 8 features ( a witch with a bubbling cauldron, etc.) I'd love some ideas on what other features to add. Are there companies that rent these props, rather than them being purchased. There is only about $200 per feature allotted. Any advice and information is welcome and appreciated!

Thanks

Amber, Do you know who your audience will be for this haunt? Adults or children or both?
    To really be entertaining in your efforts you should find this out first and plan accordingly although accordian music in a haunt doesn't scare most people, except those who failed miserably during accordian lessons.
    hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Haunted house at a country club

It will be for children.

Comment

Lights on, reasuring smiles and words , telling them you want them to have a good time and enjoy themselves and not be too scared, say this over and over as often as it takes to get them calm and willing to go in your haunt.
        We do this almost every Sat. and Sun. afternoon from 2 to 5 pm.
        Building future customers and business, one little body at a time.
        This also can feel very rewarding seing kids overcome irrational fears and gain real confidence in life.

One time a young boy proclaimed that he wasn't afraid of "Jason", "Freddy", "Dracula, Wolfman"!
        I congratulated him on overcoming such feelings, then I added, "But everybody is afraid of someone or something, what if a strange, woman were to come walking down the street right now and she wanted to give you a big kiss?"
        "WWWAAHH! Away he ran down the street !"
        Everyone has their fears, we should be kind when we explore those things in people's minds.
        hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

First of all, if you want to make this a quality haunt, I'd wait till next year, there's not enough time. But, If you want to do it this year:

What are you making the walls out of? Black plastic drenched w/ fire retardent is good.

As far as "stops" , there are many possibilities. Props can come pretty cheap if you have a good imagination. Also, got to your local part store and look for stuff called "Halloween Scene setters", they are rolls of scenery and look great.

Look online to get some haunted house scene ideas.

Clamp and strobe lights work great.

Check w/ your fire dept, before building anything.

Have security staff there as well as, technical and scary staff.

Confine groups to 8-10 people at the most. Count off 30 sec between each group. (depeding on the lengnth of the haunt)

If you have any specific questions, PM me
          Slash
          "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Originally posted by slash
            ...What are you making the walls out of? Black plastic drenched w/ fire retardent is good...
            Where can you get said fire retardent, about how much does it cost, and is it a spray on type stuff?
            www.walkthroughbedlam.com

Comment

Do a google search for fire retardent, you can get small spray bottles of it, or big buckets to pour into a tub, and dip the stuff in. You can also put it in your own air powered sprayer.

http://www.natfire.com/products.html

www.nyfs.com
              Slash
              "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Working...
              X