Darkness Photos under lighting/Opening

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darkness Photos under lighting/Opening

The Darkness and Creepyworld Open this Friday and Saturday. We welcome out all the haunted house owners and operators. We will be open every Friday and Saturday in September and Nightly October 5-31st and November 2 and 3.

We're just now starting to get all the lighting and sound working inside The Darkness.

I just uploaded some really awesome photos of The Darkness with lighting. I think everyone will really like these photos... start on this page and then click on the last page for more.

http://scarefest.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=7&page=4

Things are really picking up for us... in mid-August my site was getting about 300 unique visits per day and now its up to about 1,000 per day and our ads don't even start until this Wed. Scarefest is busting at the seams with web traffic already ... I'm expecting that traffic to hit 2,000 unique visits by Friday. Last year we topped 18,000 in one day last year.

Check out the photos and let me know what you think.

I think you'll love that cave all lit up!!!

Larry
    Larry Kirchner
    President
    www.HalloweenProductions.com
    www.BlacklightAttractions.com
    www.HauntedHouseSupplies.com
    www.HauntedHouseMagazine.com

Hey added some you tube videos kinda behind the scenes looks of our haunts... tell me what you think.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=52BfoGTa6tg
    Larry Kirchner
    President

Comment

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JC-SBAfnp7E
      Larry Kirchner
      President

Comment

Wow, Larry! The haunt looks amazing! Parts of your cave make me want to go home and watch the Goonies.
        www.mindseizure.com
        www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

The haunt look awesome Larry. Is Raven's Manor a trailer haunt? ANd does halloween productions build haunts just like in the videos? If so, when I am ready to open one, I will be coming your way!
          ________
          herbal vaporizers
          Last edited by dusty588; 01-24-2011, 05:11 AM.

Comment

Amazing footage Larry! Thankyou for that video sneek peek of the Darkness and Creepy World. As always you guys not only topped yourself from last year it looks like. You all more than outdid yourselves completely! It really all looks breath taking! I want to come up this weekend if I can get away and see both the same night! If not this weekend maybe next. But I have to come up and see them first hand!
            Damon
            Damon Carson

Comment

awesome footage and design work. Cant wait to come check it out

Sean
              Sean De Wane
              ----------------------------------------------
              The De Wane Asylum
              www.dewaneasylum.com

Comment

The trailer haunt is something we could build from scratch. It would be a lot of work to build a trailer haunt from scratch nothing I would look forward to unless someone was paying an arm and a leg. LOL

The trailer haunt we bought we have totally gutted and rebuilt from scratch...it was a trash hole haunt when we got it and now its really something pretty cool.

Ravens Manor is a trailer haunted house.

Larry
                Larry Kirchner
                President

Comment

that could have been the greatest thing i have ever seen
                  WOW
                  Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

it takes 1 hour to go through silo x, ! thats insane,
                    Owner of The Fear Experience Haunted House in Cleveland, Ohio, voted the #1 haunted house in Ohio, and #14 in America by Funtober. The Fear Experience Haunted House was called the premier haunted attraction in northeast ohio by cleveland.com and #1 in cleveland by metromix.

Comment

It doesn't take one hour to go through SiloX but over one hour for the entire event...

Some haunts market themselves as these multi themed shows but their side attractions are very very small or nearly worthless.

I think you only hurt your event that way by putting out a bad product. We thought about adding a FIFTH attraction to Creepyworld for 2007 but ended up not doing it.

Here is the crazy thing... I bought one of those inflatable clown facades from Distortions and had about 40 art panels painted for a 3D Terror Visions and didn't do it. I've got over 10k invested in something I didn't install.

I just felt we didn't have time to do it RIGHT so we skipped it.

So now I have this Distortions facade just sitting in a corner somewhere not to be used...funny huh?

I wanted to GO ALL OUT on Creepyworld and I can tell you I've had anywhere from 2 people 15 people working on the place EVERY DAY for about 10 months.

Silo-X is about 30,000 square feet.

Ravens Manor is about 6,000 square feet

Cornfield is about 15,000 square feet

and

Tombstone Haunted Hayride is about 2 acres

And everything is themed to the bone. Its a big undertaking to be sure!

The Darkness downtown is about 17,000 square feet, and we're building the building bigger for 2008. The Darkness will be about 7,000 square feet bigger in 2008, with two more attractions: Terror Visions in 3D and a Horror Museum.

Larry
                      Larry Kirchner
                      President

Comment

thats still unbelievable, i like your point about only doing a haunt if you do it right,
                        i would love to see some video of silo x during the night, i looks like it is insane

Comment

How are you making the Darkness larger? Is there an area that you dont use for the haunt? Or are you building on to the backside of the building? Just trying to figure all this out.?! It sounds awesome your adding Terror Visions and a horror museum. I have seen both in the past but Im sure they will both be bigger and better than before.
                          Damon
                          Damon Carson

Comment

Love the CGI effects. Especially the vampire one that morphs into looking like a picture. Very cool.

Comment

what music and sound effects are playing in the darkness video,
                              i really liked them,
                              thanks
                              also how close is the darkness or silxo x to being the largest haunt in the world/ how close is it to erebus.
                              17,000 square feet is ridiculously big, for an indoor haunt
                              Last edited by UnDeRTaKer313; 09-13-2007, 02:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X