haunted house at a country club

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• haunted house at a country club

I am an Atlanta event planner that is trying to convert a room at a country club into a haunted house. It will be formatted like a maze with 8 different stops (a witch with a bubbling cauldron, etc.). I need more ideas for the stops. Are there prop companies that rent these supplies rather than them being purchased? Any advice is welcome and appreciated! Thanks.

YOU BETTER GET MOVING, ITS ONLY SEPTEMBER 23RD GOOD LUCK! IS THIS YOUR FIRST ATTEMPT AT A "HAUNTED HOUSE"? YOU'LL GET GREAT INFO HERE. HERE'S HOPING PEOPLE RESPOND QUICKLY!!! CHUCK

Comment

If the haunt is geared toward children, you could have a pirate, a clown, your witch, Frankenstein and a mad scientist, a werewolf, a mummy, Dracula...

You may be able to rent costumes from a costume or magic shop in your area.
      www.mindseizure.com
      www.myspace.com/mindseizurehauntedhouse

Comment

First of all, if you want to make this a quality haunt, I'd wait till next year, there's not enough time. But, If you want to do it this year:

What are you making the walls out of? Black plastic drenched w/ fire retardent is good.

As far as "stops" , there are many possibilities. Props can come pretty cheap if you have a good imagination. Also, got to your local part store and look for stuff called "Halloween Scene setters", they are rolls of scenery and look great.

Look online to get some haunted house scene ideas.

Clamp and strobe lights work great.

Check w/ your fire dept, before building anything.

Have security staff there as well as, technical and scary staff.

Confine groups to 8-10 people at the most. Count off 30 sec between each group. (depeding on the lengnth of the haunt)

If you have any specific questions, PM me
        Slash
        "If you fail to plan, plan to fail"

Comment

Mix up actors and props and the 'stops'. Put an actor in a cosutme and give them a little routine.

The really big animatronic stuff is expensive but you can use cheap stuff and it will look fine especially if you set it right. Big floral display (real flowers) using a severed head with the top cut off.
          ;-) Also a bit classy for a 'country club' in a creepy kind of way.

One of the simplest things I did was using a cheap old corpse and a fart machine with remote. The actor makes the corpse fart and then blames a kid standing next to it and baits the kid into arguing that corpses fart.

Comment

Country Club...

Apparently Amber doesn't want too much help. She hasn't responded to a PM and hasn't posted anything in here either. Amber if you're reading this, it takes a lot of work to make a haunt, even for a night, so hopefully you'll read this and respond soon. We're all trying to help you.

Gahaunter
            Lee D. Sanders

Comment

Working...
            X