Saw IV trailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw IV trailer

I realize there is a whole forum dedicated to this stuff but i thought alot of you would love to see this, and i figure more people will come across it if i post it here.

Enjoy( It's fairly graphic so be advised):

http://my.break.com/media/view.aspx?ContentID=364606

Looks good as always. I like saw movies. They might not have the best stories but do they have some good kill scenes. The right kind to get you in the mindset for scene and prop designing!
    Brian Warner
    Owner of Evilusions www.EVILUSIONS.com
    Technical Director of Forsaken Haunted House www.Forsakenhaunt.com
    Mechanical Designer (animatronics) at Gore Galore www.Gore-Galore.com

Comment

Saw 1 and 2 were great. They were about meaning, atmosphere, psychological (sp?) horror and violence came last.

Now in Saw 3 its all about traps and torture! Its so stupid and its not cool/scary/fun. I don't wanna see someone being tortured and supposed to think its great because its not. Its sadistic. Saw 3 went terribly wrong with nothing that the original 2 had and focused all on adding overly farfetched traps that scrawny Amanda built all by herself and having as much unnessecary torture and gore as possible. Saw 4 will most likely be the same thing. They've lost it after 2. Thats what you get when Hollywood capitalizes and overkills for money.

I'll still see Saw 4. If it redeems the series, It's added. But as of now, as far as I'm concerned, it ended with 2. Actually it really ended with 1 because it didn't need a sequel in the 1st place, let alone 5 (its gonna go up to Saw 5).

Comment

As a series, Saw is unique. It's the only horror series that lets writers/directors bid on the next one. Each saw movie has been written and directed by different people. You can see the differences in each. I'm a huge fan of the series as I think it brings something to the horror genre that it's been lacking since the "old days" of film. It makes you "root" for the bad guy. You can call it sadistic, or evil, but if you read a little more into it, you'll see the meaning behind it. It teaches us how to respect what god has given us.

Saw IV is written and directed by the creators of the movie "Feast" if any of you have seen it. Extremely graphic movie, but a very entertaining one at the same time. I think you'll be "rejuvenated" on the series after watching Saw IV.

The Saw movies always get me in spirit of building sets for the haunted house. I guess having each movie set used in the movie built, filmed, and destroyed in less than 24 hours kinda makes me respect the creators. Kinda reminds you of the haunted house idustry, eh?

It's sparked an interest in me this year to create a Saw themed room in the house. I gain a lot of ideas from the series, and I respect the creators. Just do a little history on the series and it'll blow your mind on what goes on behind the scenes.

Comment

Saw is no longer unique. After Saw 2 tons of R rated horror movies all involving torture and rape as main modes to harm people starting coming out.

In 2004-2006, it was all about PG-13 horror and stupid Jap-Horror American remakes. Thats what studios thought made money. When Saw came out it hit big because it did well and it was an R rated horror movie, a type of movie that found back then was a rarity, especially to do well. But anyway, thats when they decided to bank on it. And they did.

I know the meaning behind Saw and you got it right. Everyone knows it. But like I said, the 1st 2 films were more smart, and were more about physcological then torturing people. There was minimal gore in the 1st film and average gore in the 2nd. The thing about the 1st 2 movies is that I found myself rooting for both Jigsaw and the victims. The victims were made out and characterized. The 1st Saw film was incredibly smart on that.

It focused on character, metality and what drives insanity, atmosphere (which, like you said involves sets and lighting that has inspired your haunts). It was gritty and horrifying and it didnt need to show people being brutally tortures.

Saw 3 focused on emphazizing on how people died. Before the film came out, the writers even said that they thought of the worst ways to kill people because it'd be cool. but its not. What the 3rd one lacked was characterization, atmosphere, metal horror and only had gore, torture, and terrible traps that cant be made by 1 woman.

The thing about Saw 3 (I LOVE the Saw series 1 and 2 and I'm an avid horror fan, so trust me on this, I'm not just a regular movie goer) was it focused on gore. Nothing more. Jeff was the only person to feel anything for. Everyone else sucked. Even Jigsaw. I didnt root for any bad guy. I felt terrible watching poor people suffering for being torn apart for no reason. We barely knew why most of the victims were there besides 1 line of reasoning.

You're right in the sense that SAW 1 brought something new to the table. It didn't rejuvinate anything because nothing like it had come before. Now, however, studios don't understand what Saw 1 is about. They think its about gore and torture. They bank on it, make every horror movie over the top and sell it back. Yes, Saw 1 started something...and now its being copied constantly so its bad.

Like I said, BIG horror fan. Saw 1 is a horror masterpiece. Saw 2 is a good follow up (as most sequels arent). But Saw 3 has now driven the franchise into an off track direction. Now its about traps and torture and gore. Thats the point I was trying to make.
          The rating for Saw 1 and 2 said "strong grisly violence." The rating for Saw 3 "strong grisly violence, torture, etc." The rating for Saw 4 now reads "strong grisly violence and TORTURE THROUGHOUT." meaning even more. It's become a totally different movie.
          Where Saw 1 and 2 were SAW movies. Saw 3 and 4 are now Hostel movies.

Comment

I see your point. But, I still rooted for Jigsaw by the time the 3rd movie was over. I think Saw IV will bring the series back on track because of the writers on this one. I dont know if I could compare Saw 3 to Hostel though. The reason you saw more gore/torture in the 3rd film is because it followed the history of the traps, and showed how screwed up Amanda really was. She never built a trap someone could get out of. She wanted to force her own torture onto other people, just to make them feel as bad as her. I still think it had a good plot, and played out great. I do agree that it lacked a little in comparison to he first two. I guess we'll just have to watch the fourth to see what the hell was on that tape.

Comment

^Well, Idk who the writers are but I know the original Saw writers had no writing involement on this one. I've already seen a clip of the movie and it was bad (it was 2 guys in a trap together).

Saw 3 followed the history of traps but the movie was never even about traps. I think that story of Amanda doing all that was just their own way to back up why they had so much torture and nothing more. And even if they had that, they didn't need to make it gratutious.
              I still think nothing beats Saw 1. I hope you're right about 4. If 4 sucks then I'm done with the series and it will end at 2 for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Freak95 View Post
                Saw IV is written and directed by the creators of the movie "Feast" if any of you have seen it. Extremely graphic movie, but a very entertaining one at the same time. I think you'll be "rejuvenated" on the series after watching Saw IV.
                You sure? I remember reading that the guy that directed II and III is back to direct IV. Pretty sure the Feast guys just wrote it, that's it.

Comment

Originally posted by undertaker View Post
                  You sure? I remember reading that the guy that directed II and III is back to direct IV. Pretty sure the Feast guys just wrote it, that's it.

I just picked up the new Fango mag today. I did read that the director from the first three movies is back, but the writing and screenplay for Saw IV is completely original to the writers of Feast.

The review that Fango did on it this month is incredible. They do agree that III was lacking, and that's why they chose to hand the rules to the writers of Feast. Fango says that they have created a Saw movie using the same basic rules from the original film, and twisted it to create one helluva movie. They compare it to Saw I on drugs. They say that it IS gorier than the first three, but the plot they have thrown on top of it will leave Saw fans with a shock. They did say they brought the suspense back to the film, which was lacking in III.

The writers told Fango mag that they approached it not as a "money making leech" but as an avid SAW fan. They are huge fans of the series and from what Fango says, they've done the SAW fans a great justice with the new movie.

I reccommend all SAW fans to pick up the new FANGO mag and read the review. Very informative.

(For those who don't know the writers from Feast, these are the two winners from Project Greenlight 3)

Comment

Working...
                  X