Things are going good, Question?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Things are going good, Question?

I just finshed painting all the new gravestones for this season, all I have to do is organize my lights for the yard and the cemetery is ready to go! I will post pics soon. As for the Haunt I still need to finish the cage maze walls, and paint a few stone columns for the entrance. Everything is in storage and ready to be assembled. Yay!
    I have a quick question.We are planning to have a mask room , the kind with the blank white face masks floating in complete darkness, and lite by blacklights. The idea is that the maskS are on both sides of guests as the walk between railings, and an actor is dressed in black is holding a mask in each hand. He makes them jump at people as the walk by. Has anyone done this before, or any suggestions on how to make sure he can't be seen?
    Sorry this was so long. =]
    Thanks,
    Drew
    Drew and Shane
    www.deadenddungeon.com

I have not done this but, have seen it done before, this year we are going to try this with spiders. If your are going all black do not, DO NOT wash the black clothing that the actor will be wearing or it will glow under the black light. We are going to use camo netting on the walls with a spider web between the trail and the walls. The spider web will be sprayed with paint so it glows. The spiders will glow and be everywhere on the other side of the web. The actor will have on camo and have a camo net over him, the net will have spiders on it and he will have large spiders in each hand. The actor will stand in front of the camo coverd wall and then come off moving the spiders and then reset. It should work, there are many takes on this gag. Its a oldy but a goody. Good luck with your haunt.
    Giving People The Chills Since 2005

http://www.warehouse31.com

Comment

Another trick would be to expose them to some light before they hit that room. If you can hit them with a strobe or something else the pupils will dialate and they are not as likely to pick up your actor. Hope this helps, Mike
      Mike Bizub

Ghouls Gulch www.GHOULSGULCH.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Bizub View Post
        Another trick would be to expose them to some light before they hit that room. If you can hit them with a strobe or something else the pupils will dialate and they are not as likely to pick up your actor. Hope this helps, Mike
        Yeah that might work, i have small hallway before the room which i could put a strobe in facing them.
        Thanks guys for your help.
        Drew and Shane
        www.deadenddungeon.com

Comment

Or a non-electric method of distracting the customer's eyes, a full-sized mostly naked photograph of a swimsuit model unless you live in a rural area fullof very eldely, then Granny Clampit in a swimsuit would be the logical substituion.
          As Marlon Brando said in "Applesauce NOW!" The Horror!,the Horror!"
          (Always remember:"Different things scare different people.")
          hauntedravensgrin.com

Comment

Applesause Now.

Yep, that's gonna stick in my head.
            sigpic

Another fabulous post from the U.S.Department of Wild Imaginings, now in spectaclar stereo, sponsored by the Adhesives and Sealants Council, suggesting ways to stick things together since the 1800s. Not fabulous in a gay way. Your results may vary. Illinois residents add 8% sales tax. These posts have been made by professional post makers, do not try this type of posting on your own without extensive training, lovely assistants and a trusty clown horn.

Comment

Working...
            X